Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Fearing that bad weather might stop us getting to Portsmouth Ferry Port we made a dash for the port early, and parked up where we knew there was nothing between us and the port but a mile of well gritted road. Big thanks to Tescos at North Harbour for a nice quiet level pitch last night. And now nothing should stop us getting on that ferry.

No snow here, it just rained hard all night. Don't you just love the sound of rain on a motorhome roof, it sounds even nicer when your near the ferry port waiting to go South. :Smile:

We just have Katie with us, leaving Ginnie and James home alone. This will be our first road trip without all the family:Sad::Sad: the older kids at 18 and 19 don't think Campers are cool anymore, we know they'll come back to them, they just have to get the Ibiza and Magaluf holidays out the way first.:Eeek:

It's a working holiday for me, so I will still be sat at a PC quite a few hours a day, though I won't always have an internet connection, so please behave yourselves while I'm away and I'll see you soon. ::bigsmile: if your going to Marjal I'll see you sooner, we aim to get there by the 2nd March after a month of wandering around. Have fun:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have a great time all , hope you have a great crossing with lots of sunshine on the other side

had to use snow chains from outside Swansea to home yest, no snow at home though

John n Kath xx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jim,

You, Sian, and Katie have a great time.

Unfortunately some of us have to stay here, and keep the UK going ready for you're safe return. :roflmto: We are at Newark, and it is a total "white out". We might get home today, or we might not. :winky:

Safe travels,

Jock & Rita.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have a great time:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Safe travels you three :thumb: We hope the crossing is a calm one. Do not expect to get a tan just yet, it is the thermal hats you need, not the sun ones :RollEyes: just at the moment but it has been lovely and promises to be so again soon. I noticed that the Almond trees are starting to blossom :Smile: Jane, Bob & Izzy :Smile:
See you all at Marjal! :party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Safe travels and have a great time Jim .... wish we were going but some have to hold the fort... :thumb:

Jim

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have a safe journey Jim and all, its chilly down here near Torrevieja at the moment but 17 degs is forecast for Mon Tues :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Safe journey Jim...:thumb:

I`ll fly the RVOC flag for you...

Wooops... I forgot I have not got one... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Safe journey Jim, Sian & Katie, enjoy yourselves. We look forward to meeting up at Marjal in a few weeks.

Brisey & Pam.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not sure how far South you are sailing but according to my shipping forecast, Biscay is moderate to rough , occasionally very rough. Hope you stay smooth.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Have a safe journey and a great time. See you all in Chester.

PS. BBC Wales will let us know how good the parties are that Ginnie & James are having:ROFLMAO:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Fearing that bad weather might stop us getting to Portsmouth Ferry Port we made a dash for the port early, and parked up where we knew there was nothing between us and the port but a mile of well gritted road. Big thanks to Tescos at North Harbour for a nice quiet level pitch last night. And now nothing should stop us getting on that ferry.

No snow here, it just rained hard all night. Don't you just love the sound of rain on a motorhome roof, it sounds even nicer when your near the ferry port waiting to go South. :Smile:

We just have Katie with us, leaving Ginnie and James home alone. This will be our first road trip without all the family:Sad::Sad: the older kids at 18 and 19 don't think Campers are cool anymore, we know they'll come back to them, they just have to get the Ibiza and Magaluf holidays out the way first.:Eeek:

It's a working holiday for me, so I will still be sat at a PC quite a few hours a day, though I won't always have an internet connection, so please behave yourselves while I'm away and I'll see you soon. ::bigsmile: if your going to Marjal I'll see you sooner, we aim to get there by the 2nd March after a month of wandering around. Have fun:thumb:

You are much braver than us Jim!!! After 3 months of planning, booking sites etc etc, we decided the thought of travelling in the snow and sleeping in a motorhome in -11 in France was tooooooooooooo much. We have rebooked the tunnel for a month's time, when hopefully it will be much warmer!

If we suddenly have a warm spell we will be off like a shot, but it is too much of a risk with Michael's COPD.

See you in Marjal

Ginny and Mike

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Have a good one Sian Katy and Jim. Wish you had said you were only 500 yards away last night I'd have laid on some hospitality.

All the best Griff:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Have a great trip:thumb:

Drive carefully now, see you in Chester

Happy daze
chrisboyo

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
safe trip all... See you there. :thumb:

Hope it warm's up... Cold here in Benidorm :Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the older kids at 18 and 19 don't think Campers are cool

So that was the "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa" heard rattling round south Wales.

You know me, I'm an Olde Farte, so what is a Rave ?

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

[HI]Enjoy send us a few piccies [/HI]

Right his lordship is away no mischief please
whose that at the back saying asif we wood:Eeek::thumb::Blush::Doh::RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
have a great time (of course you will:thumb:) but don't forget to keep us up to date on your travels it helps us get through the winter till it's our turn to get abroad.
HAPPY HOLLS::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Have a great time Jim and family. :thumb:

Safe travels.

Gill & Al

(Yes, we are jealous - we've got the snow in Derbyshire)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have a lovely holiday in the sun:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back