Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
hi people just wondering if anyone has taken a year out to go motorhoming around europe and then returned to work either full time or part time. or did you never come back lol

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Watching this thread with interest. Boss just approved me for a year off. 3 years away i reckon then i can see if i can afford retirement and make my mind up whether to go back or not

Reactions: f6c

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
spent years driving around Europe in trucks cars and a Motorhome, it depends on what country you are in and the people you like to hang out with, best thing to do is give it a go, if you get fed up come back to the U,K Europe is not all a bed of roses and the Aires can work out expensive, I did a lot of wild camping in the MH, never stayed long in one place, plus I am a loner who does not drink so no bars for me, I got along with many locals well, don't think I could do a year in a MH now, needs thinking about deeply, a few months ok a year no

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
hi people just wondering if anyone has taken a year out to go motorhoming around europe and then returned to work either full time or part time. or did you never come back lol
We took 3 months out in 2014 to do Morocco And enjoyed it
So I semi retired on return and now work 12 to 14 weeks a year
As I am 63 and not entitled to pension for a few years yet
Elaine is only 21 and get a full pension plus small private pension but it does not provide enough to meet all our needs nor wants
Our plan is simply earn enough to keep our savings stable for next 2 years then look at all our options

We couldn't sell up totally as Elaine would never not have a home in the uk
and I don't think I could ever fully retire as I do enjoy getting out to work

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Not sure if we intended to take a year out or not. We did intend to go travelling but don't think we put a limit on it.
6 years later we are still wondering!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I took a year out in my early fifties which convinced me that life is too short to spend it all working. If your finances are in place then I don't see the need to work, if not then work is possibly the only option.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We took 3 months out in 2014 to do Morocco And enjoyed it
So I semi retired on return and now work 12 to 14 weeks a year
As I am 63 and not entitled to pension for a few years yet
Elaine is only 21 and get a full pension plus small private pension but it does not provide enough to meet all our needs nor wants
Our plan is simply earn enough to keep our savings stable for next 2 years then look at all our options

We couldn't sell up totally as Elaine would never not have a home in the uk
and I don't think I could ever fully retire as I do enjoy getting out to work
Lucky chap with a 21 year old life in the van must be lively!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back