Year 2000 Peugeot Boxer, help please where are the vehicle fuses? (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I popped out to give the motorhome (Autosleeper Executive) a wee start up & run, fired up instantly not bad considering she's not been run yet this year.
Ok now there's about a 2 inch high line of snow on the screen, so I switch on the wipers & like everything else on this base vehicle they're flimsy & move about 1/4 of an inch then stop. The snow wasn't even frozen.
No great problem though, so I switch them off & carry on checking everything else in the moho part of the vehicle. Everything dry, battery fully charged, then it hits me, a smell of burning! Quick turn her off & noticed that the wipers moved a fraction. So out I go, wipe the snow off the windscreen wipers, back in fire her up, no wipers! Much gnashing of teeth with weeping & wailing.

Now the important part, can anyone help me by telling me where I'll find the fuse for the wipers? The vehicle is per the headline, a Peugeot Boxer.
I haven't actually looked for them yet, but knowing this vehicle they could be anywhere lol.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If its any help the Fiat fuse board is lefthand side of dash behind a panel held on by two Philips screws.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Once the wipers start to move they will try to continue the sweep then park. If they can't then either the motor will burn out, the fuse will blow, or both. Some wiper motors have a self-resetting thermal cutout built into the motors but I don't know whether the Boxer does or not. There a very few vehicles whose wipers take kindly to shifting that amount of snow. A similar problem occurs if the wipers are frozen to the screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Once the wipers start to move they will try to continue the sweep then park. If they can't then either the motor will burn out, the fuse will blow, or both. Some wiper motors have a self-resetting thermal cutout built into the motors but I don't know whether the Boxer does or not. There a very few vehicles whose wipers take kindly to shifting that amount of snow. A similar problem occurs if the wipers are frozen to the screen.
mines the same year and model and the fuse box is in the glove box under a flip up lid with a sticker on the inside of the lid. Hope you haven't stripped the splines on the spindles.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
[QUOTE="tonyidle, post: 2679286, member: 27352" There a very few vehicles whose wipers take kindly to shifting that amount of snow. A similar problem occurs if the wipers are frozen to the screen.[/QUOTE]

That's the maddening thing, I had lifted the wipers before I started the engine, living so far above sea level I'm very well versed in how to deal with cold weather & all that entails. I had the engine running & demisters blowing for some time before I tried the wipers. My Sprinter would have blown the paltry amount of snow into the middle of next week, but I've had this vehicle for a year & have learned that everything on it is flimsy & cheap. Its a great shame cos I really like the motorhome part of things.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp

Very much appreciated mate, I'll pop back out to it tomorrow & have a wee look. I know that there is a wee bag of spare fuses in the glove box, they're glass fuses & I haven't seen those since the mid seventies.

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
The glass fuses are probably for the hab stuff over the door .the vehicle fuses are blade type and colour coded. Mines a petrol talisman but yours should the same

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Ditto in the glove box ,lift up panel fuses named ,or should be ,good luck

Edit should be spade fuses !

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
[QUOTE="tonyidle, post: 2679286, member: 27352" There a very few vehicles whose wipers take kindly to shifting that amount of snow. A similar problem occurs if the wipers are frozen to the screen.

That's the maddening thing, I had lifted the wipers before I started the engine, living so far above sea level I'm very well versed in how to deal with cold weather & all that entails. I had the engine running & demisters blowing for some time before I tried the wipers. My Sprinter would have blown the paltry amount of snow into the middle of next week, but I've had this vehicle for a year & have learned that everything on it is flimsy & cheap. Its a great shame cos I really like the motorhome part of things.[/QUOTE]
They certainly sound flimsy :). I had a 1990 Talbot Express (Peugeot by another name) and it used blades by the way.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
OK time for a progress update. Finally managed out to look over things today as the snow had finally melted enough to make things less slippery. :cool:
Checked the fuse now that the forum members pointed out where Fiat or Peugeot had hidden the fuse box & they really are well hidden!! :eek:
The fuse was intact, but rather oddly a micro spade fuse had been fitted. So I've replaced the fuse with a correct type. Tried the wipers & they are working now. I rather suspect that the wipers had done a reset just as @tonyidle had suggested.
My thanks go to all who have helped me with this problem.
(y)

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp

The fuse was the correct rating & I didn't know micro fuses fitted either, weird huh?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back