LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I have just got a new toy and it has vista installed.I have been playing/getting used to it for a couple of weeks now but I am thinking of going back to xp,are there any good avantages to vista ? or should I persivere ? or go back to xp ?:Doh:
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Terry.

Personally I find the glitz and requirements on the system resources too much with Vista.

Sticking to Windows XP Pro here by preference for the forseeable future.

Are there XP Drivers available to support your machine?

Steve

Last edited:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
XP Pro

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve & Brian,thanks for that,you have made my mind up :ROFLMAO:I will get my mate to sort it/see if it can be done or flog this (HP Compaq dc7800p: cheap)and go back to my old tower machine untill Aldi get some more toys in:ROFLMAO:--half the problem is getting drivers
terry

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have just orderd £22,000 worth of Pc's and had to pay extra to have XP Pro rather than Vista

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have just orderd £22,000 worth of Pc's and had to pay extra to have XP Pro rather than Vista
Thats a bit OTT for a Motorhome is'nt it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It is rumoured that if you play a Vista disc backwards, Demonic sounds can be heard,
Even worse if you play it forward it installs Vista:ROFLMAO:
Vista can be fixed HERE
Geo

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Terry
It depends very much on what you want to do.
I have a laptop, upgraded to vista and it was pants. I had to format and go back to xp because there were so many compatability issues. I then brought a new PC with pre installed vista and it works really well. After a couple of months I really got in to it and now would not switch back. It might just be worth sticking with a while longer and seeing how you get on.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all last night I had a word with Paul who does the bits I cannot do (almost everything):ROFLMAO:Iwas hoping he could partition my drive off so I could keep both, but this is not possible as I only have 1 h/d in this comp.He says to stick with it a few more weeks then I can go back to xp if I want
cheers terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi all last night I had a word with Paul who does the bits I cannot do (almost everything):ROFLMAO:Iwas hoping he could partition my drive off so I could keep both, but this is not possible as I only have 1 h/d in this comp.He says to stick with it a few more weeks then I can go back to xp if I want
cheers terry

Hi Terry,

It is possible to create 2 partitions on the PC using Partitionmagic.

Then install another Operating system to the new Partition.

Steve.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve,he has that so I am now wondering if he conning me as I am poss he did it on another old comp, when xp came out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it is not a simple install with all the crap I want in it takes about 3 hrs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:instead of 3/4 :ROFLMAO:
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve,he has that so I am now wondering if he conning me as I am poss he did it on another old comp, when xp came out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it is not a simple install with all the crap I want in it takes about 3 hrs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:instead of 3/4 :ROFLMAO:
terry

Surely if the drive were partitioned You could install XP on the new partition yourself Terry.::bigsmile:

To be fair, it's the loading of all the extras required by a customer, that takes the real time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO::Doh::ROFLMAO: YEP BUT IT IS ALL THE TALKING(networking) IN BETWEEN THE LAPTOP ,camera system one and the vista plus printer and scanner:ROFLMAO: the vista did all this v/simple for him to retify when I make a big bo----k s of it all :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back