Xmas market time ideas please. (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
OK I know about Brugge gravelines so I am ok for that info thanks. My wife and I are taking our 22 year old grandaughter across the water to s/ome xmas markets and i am after some suggestions with good aires or campsites close. to be honest campsites may be better as i can use the sites showers while the ladies do there thing in the van. Does Ghent have a Xmas market is it any good ? we are going for 4 to 5 days nights 1st week of December by tunnel any help ideas greatly appreciated Thanks Paul

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Ghent has a big xmas market, far better than Brugge in my opinion. I think Brugge is very over rated. Ypres has a nice little market with ice rink. Arras also has a decent size market.
Another very big one is Lille. Ypres and Arras have aires but not sure about campsites though, you'd have to google any near your market, as I would think most are closed for winter.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Amiens has a large market and the cathedral light show is absolutely amazing

sadly I don’t know if an aire or campsite, we did it using a hotel pre Lola days

would love to go back with MH

might just follow you out there Paul, ready for a break

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We went to the Bath Christmas market about 6 years ago.

I am still suffering from the mental torture of it. Thousands of people swarming around a load of old tat.

I hope the foreign markets are a better experience.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003

I am still suffering from the mental torture of it. Thousands of people swarming around a load of old tat.

Same tat but priced in euros.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?

Did you go into the Roman baths ? That’s meant to b a magical experience on the open air rooftop steam pool

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

We went Bath I think it was 6 years, same opinion a bit tat.

Been to one in Berlin although things were fairly expensive they were all German made no Chinese junk. The Gulgwine & Brockworst were cheap.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
could you not park further away and drive in for the evening, then out again back to a parking spot? try park4night etc

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I got dragged around a Xmas market once and that was enough, never again but each to their own.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We're going away for a break and to treat our grandaughter. I'm not fussed on Xmas or market tat. But I expect the atmosphere will be good and it's somewhere different. Ok the campsites not cheap but it's bang in the middle of everything. I am still a wage slave so time is at a premium I don't need to be looking here looking there to save a couple of pence. It's all part of my valuable time of work which I don't get enuff. So it's money well spent drive in handbrake on plug in and a few days worry free.

When and if I get the time and spare cash to travel more and for longer. I will embrace the FLT lifestyle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back