X290 fuel filter change (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I know this is a straightforward change but how do the pipe fittings on the top come off. Pull? Twist? Do I need a special tool? I can't find a Youtube video of swapping it.

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
Are they the connectors with a square looking coloured section like these?

IMG_3682.JPG

If so, the coloured section slides sideways a few mm. You then need to find and press the almost invisible button somewhere on side of the connector. Once the button is pressed, the connections just pull off really easily.

Push them back on to refit and slide the coloured bit across.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

View attachment 327770

If so, the coloured section slides sideways a few mm. You then need to find and press the almost invisible button somewhere on side of the connector. Once the button is pressed, the connections just pull off really easily.

Isn’t this picture of the fuel tank sender on the fuel tank and not the fuel filter in the engine bay..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

View attachment 327770

Sorry, missed the sentence above your picture, pic was for comparison...????

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Nope, not like that. Seems to be a circular collar.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Squeeze the two oblong sections on the wide part of the collar. Can be a complete twat sometimes without the right pincers. When you get it right it just slides off like a greased stick but 90% of the time you spend 20 minutes trying to get the collars squeezed correctly ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I know this is a straightforward change but how do the pipe fittings on the top come off. Pull? Twist? Do I need a special tool? I can't find a Youtube video of swapping it.

i believe, ist easy to crack something if youre not careful, i have seen threads about this, may be worth searching, and im sure on ebay i have seen a tool for doing the job. I would check first before attempting?

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
The filter is a metal canister with push on connectors (push on or twist..not sure). This replaced the plastic container with threaded top which did leak if not done properly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back