X290 Fiat 1st service, HOW MUCH!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gcs, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Gcs

Gcs Funster

Ratings:
    +50
    Took the moho in to the local Fiat professional truck dealer for it's 1st 2 year service a couple of days ago, informed them it needed a new offside light unit as it had a slight bit of condensation. All ok, new light on order, would be in the following day.
    Rang the next day to find out if it was all completed, to be told yep, all done, light changed, needed a new set of wiper blades (after 2 years?), that'll be £521 total inc vat!!
    Picked myself up off the floor and asked if I had been charged for the light unit, oh no, that would have been another £450!
    Thought I'd wait to see the bill before I kicked off, but miraculously ten minutes later I get an answerphone message to say they'd applied some discount and the bill was now down to £450. amazed that 70 quid can just be added to see if they can get away with it.
    interested as to how much others have paid?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. WillH

WillH Funster

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Our nearest Fiat Pro dealer charges £95/hr labour.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Hughman

Hughman Funster

Ratings:
    +247
    Doesn't sound too terrible, and I replace wiper blades annually - it's amazing how much better the new ones always work.

• Like it Like it x 4
  4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +14,013
    £120 for a light service at local inependant. As they don't need a service for 2 years/28000 miles I wait until it's out of warranty then get it serviced at 2 years by local independent.

• Like it Like it x 2
  5. Alistair33

Alistair33 Funster

Ratings:
    +4,472
    Is the first service indicated by lights on the dash or is it due at a certain time or mileage?

I was thinking of getting it done around the same time as the first habitation check which will be approx 12-13 months &15,000 km

6. Dare_Devil_Dennis

Dare_Devil_Dennis Funster

Ratings:
    +142
    I was quoted by my local Fiat commercial dealer in Derby £200+VAT. Sold it now, so won't be taking it up.

7. Hettie's Crew

Hettie's Crew Funster

Ratings:
    +409
    North East Truck and Van on Hedon Road Hull, a Fiat Professional and Iveco commercial dealer did our year 2 service for £129 and our year 3 service was £280 because it needed a new fuel filter and MOT.
    They also give a full explanation of exactly what's been done and why. I asked to have a brake fluid change and they tested it and said no need, no charge for the test.
    I know where we'll be going next year. X250, though I doubt it makes any difference.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  8. busby

busby Funster

Ratings:
    +4,625
    How much,,I pay about £130 for a full service,,,BUSBY,,

9. Dare_Devil_Dennis

Dare_Devil_Dennis Funster

Ratings:
    +142
    For an X290? I think the oil costs about that much - I bought one litre to carry with me and the cheapest I could find it was about £16.00

10. Christoph

Christoph Funster

Ratings:
    +166
    £99 plus vat for light service at Fiat Truck dealership.

11. busby

busby Funster

Ratings:
    +4,625
    Mine is a simple old 2.0 litre HDI,,,Still gets me to any where i need to go,,Old School...Can afford to change oil and filter every 5000 miles,,BUSBY,,

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  12. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Ratings:
    +5,616
    I was trying to find the Service Schedule to see where they they poured the ground unicorn droppings when I came across this:

https://www.kwik-fit.com/servicing/information/vehicles/fiat/ducato

There's mention of the warranty further down the page.

I've no experience of them (or any other) as I've never had anything done by the motor trade.

13. TerryL

TerryL Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +2,452
    Have found wiper blades seem to last only 2 years - I got some on a good deal earlier this year and keep them handy now. Fortunately not needed on MoT earlier this month.

14. maison

maison Funster

Ratings:
    +7,048
    Use a local independent repair shop and insist on FIAT original parts being used and itemised on your invoice. Warranty will still be intact.

15. Deneb

Deneb Funster

Ratings:
    +180
    £57 for 6 litres and £14 for genuine Fiat filter when I changed mine a few months ago. You can bet the dealer is paying less than this as they will be buying bulk drums of oil so they only draw off what they need to use but charge the customer retail pack prices. Had to reject the first filter that the FP dealer tried to sell me. It was unboxed and covered in dust and what looked like metal filings. Presumably it went back in stock to be fitted on someone else's van!

• Like it Like it x 1
  16. Hettie's Crew

Hettie's Crew Funster

Ratings:
    +409
    You won't find the dealer putting in the stuff you have to buy over the counter. They'll likely use bulk bought oil like Fuchs Titan Cargo, its the right grade/standard etc and approved by Fiat, but much cheaper bought in bulk.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like it Like it x 2
  17. chaser

chaser Funster

Ratings:
    +15,011
    Ditto(y) change it every year but the cheapest with the right spec, if you do that it doesn't have to go on for thirty thou miles or three years or whatever, havnt priced it up for this years self service but I think £60 covered all oil and filters last year and as to wipers the mot place I use replaces wiperblades free if he fails them(y):)

• Like it Like it x 1
  18. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

Ratings:
    +2,015
    Last time I had our 3.0 Fiat serviced the oil and filter quote was £189 on top of our 2 year service and brake fluid change which from memory was over £500 included pollen and fuel filter also greased the rear axles.
    That was the one and only time!!!!
    Our new Fiat will get a 2 year service at the dealers (warranty cover)

19. Ex-caravantugger

Ex-caravantugger Funster

Ratings:
    +475
    I bought my 1 litre top-up from Opie oils for £14 on a 10% off deal. Would recommend. Mike

20. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Ratings:
    +3,007
    I wanted to have an early, oil change on the Sprinter, and they are working it out for an estimate.
    Oil and filter change
    They want to do a automatic gearbox oil and filter change at first service although not many miles.
    Change the brake fluid, ALREADY????
    and because it is through the letterbox front on an A class extra time to do the oil change.
    about £480 plus VAT.
    I am getting the proper 10/40 low-ash, oil, and filters from another dealer at £70 for 20 litres and filter £7.00. Special MB gearbox- fluid, filter and bottom gasket unknown yet , and do it myself over the pit at the farm workshop. As it is coming to the end of warranty no point in throwing away a busload of money.
    Am I being unreasonable, that is enough to run it for a fairly long trip. It is more than a months pension income and once saving deplete that is it.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1