X250 pvc air bag warning on dash (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We were on a really long drive in France when a warning appeared on the dash saying check the passenger's air bag, followed by a yellow triangle. Not knowing what to check and how to check it, I subsequently pulled out the toolkit box and found a white plug dangling down, but could not find any suitable socket for it. I've had the experience of previously finding a spare plug and cable under the passenger seat, left over from when there were 3 seats (drivers + twin passenger seat) in the panel van prior to conversion to 2 single swivel seats.
So I'm wondering if any other X250 pvc owners have found this dangling spare cable in their van?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
be very careful with airbag faults. even pushing a plug back in without disconnecting the battery can set the airbag off

Deleted User
There is a long standing fault with warning lights on the x250, from what I have read it is that warning lights come on dimly and not always the same one. Apparently Fiat are aware of this fault and replace the dash cluster even on vans out of warranty but I would think reluctantly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
one way to trick the ecu into seeing two seats is to put a resistor in the wiringplug is it possible the bit youve found was previously in the defunct yellow plug
just been out and looked under my seat but no white plug visible wiring comes out of the floor to yellow plug and from there two seperate looms go to each tensioner ive go one cable tied up under the seat

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I have spoken with Fiat Professional and it is booked in to be looked at. They asked did the warning come on when for instance the a/c was switched on, so I guessed they were aware of an issue. The fact that they immediately suggested a longer booking with a loan car also suggested to me that it was to have the dashboard unit replaced, since there was a rumoured recall. But I didn't want to arrive just to find that they merely had to push the plug in somewhere. And plugging it in just anywhere was certainly not in my plans.
I have been wiring in a reversing camera, but this was not connected at the time, or since.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Well ... Here's a thing. Those helpful people at Davan Weston-super-Mare offered to replace and fit the stop light bulb (since I couldn't see how to do it), which entailed about an hour's work - and blow me down, when we drove away we realised that the airbag yellow triangle warning light had DISAPPEARED! So much for these intelligent warning systems.
We drove nearly a thousand miles through France thinking that the passenger airbag wasn't safe - and it was just a stop light bulb.
And that was the stop light bulb on a van that had only done 2,000 miles. Oh, yes, and I bought a replacement bulb kit from ebay advertised for the Ducato, and there was no stoplight bulb in the kit.
So that suspect cable hanging down under the seat was just a false lead!!!22

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back