BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I need to find the above for matriculation purposes.
as far as I can make out from google you need a mirror and a stick and a double jointed midget to find it ?

it’s on a 2012 Globescout with a 2.0 115hp multijet engine.

there’s no sign of it on any of the paperwork, inc the CoC.

There is a number on the VIN plate above the chassis number which I ‘assume’ may be it? Can anyone confirm if that’s the case? And, can anyone shed any light on where it actually is stamped on the engine block, and how I might be able to see it without removing the bloody engine?

0579574C-88A7-4C6B-83B8-6950519F48BD.jpeg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as I recall its on the back of the block by the firewall. a £10 endoscope from ebay plugged into your phone will be the easiest way

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
as I recall its on the back of the block by the firewall. a £10 endoscope from ebay plugged into your phone will be the easiest way
Let’s hope the Portuguese garage that does the test has one then!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The number above the VIN on the plate is the vehicle model type approval number.

According to my books, the engine number for the 2.0 diesel engine should be needle stamped into a flat face on the upper edge of the right hand end of the crankcase (as viewed facing the front of the van) where it adjoins the gearbox casing.

Needle stamped means it will invariably be very difficult to read. You may need to rub the surface with some wire wool and illuminate it from the side with a small torch.

Alternatively, you might be able to find it on a paper label stuck to one of the plastic covers on the engine, but they have a habit of falling off after a year or two from new!

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
I just checked all my V5C and the engine numbers are all listed under Vehicle Details, about halfway down the page and is section P5, just under the VIN.

Hope this helps in some small way ..... but if it isn't on there, sorry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
phone the local FIAT proffesional parts section, give them your VIN and they can look it up.

thats what i did a while back......

even though i'm in the UK, Portuguese FIAT places should be able to do that.

unless i was just lucky...

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Is your engine going to school , because I did not know what matriculation so I googled it
:unsure:
Matriculation is a noun meaning admission to a group, particularly a school. Matriculation is what hopefully follows after you send in your application. Though the dictionary sense of matriculation is admission, in practical use matriculation takes place when you enroll at a school.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Is your engine going to school , because I did not know what matriculation so I googled it
:unsure:
Matriculation is a noun meaning admission to a group, particularly a school. Matriculation is what hopefully follows after you send in your application. Though the dictionary sense of matriculation is admission, in practical use matriculation takes place when you enroll at a school.
It's the name given to re plating the vehicle to a foreign registration, in my case, to register it in Portugal as I am an official full time resident now with residency. ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've got an X250 and the number of engines is one. I've just double checked by peeking under the bonnet.

Does this help? :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
getting the number on paper is good, but many of these tests, the inspector needs to actually see the number stamped on the engine

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There is a number on the VIN plate above the chassis number which I ‘assume’ may be it?
No that is its Ec homologation number
It's the name given to re plating the vehicle to a foreign registration, in my case, to register it in Portugal as I am an official full time resident now with residency. ?
Called the same in Spain. Plus number plates are 'placas de matriculación'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back