dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Please can anyone advise how you gain access to the offside of the top of the dashboard (to the right of the steering wheel) . I have a mount and mulitpin plug for which I don't have a use and would like to install a satnav / reversing monitor in the same area.

Having had a look there are screws securing the cover over the instrument cluster and various screws for the covers around the steering wheel and fuse box. There are no obvious screws holding the air vent casing in place.

Attachments

• PICT3242a.jpg
    PICT3242a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 68

talaris

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class Dethleffs
Exp
since 2011
The air vent will just pop out. Needs a bit coaxing but will come out as one unit. It just clips in.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it needs a firm pull, or take out the instrument panel to gain access. Ive got the service manual for the x250 on dvd, if you want a copy pm me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Thank You

Many thanks to TheBig1 for pointing me in the right direction - much appreciated

DNA ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Whoah there boys, the air vent to the right of the instrument pnel is held in by a T25 Torx screw at the bottom, it is obscured by the oddments box/shelf which is itself secured by a Pozi screw which is obscured by the lower knee trim, this is held in place by two pozi screws and several spring clips. First of all remove the two pozi head scres visible in the drivers oddments box/shelf, then you can pull the lower knee trim away to reveal the screw holding the oddments bos/shelf in place. Then you can attack the T25 Torx screw which holds the air vent in place.

D.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
easy does it

Thanks Dave.

That confirms what I worked out from the manual. I will go very carefully and follow the instructions.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Nearly sorted

I spent a long time at the weekend working on the dashboard. Many thanks to thebig1 for help with the service manual and to Dave Newall for stopping me pulling too hard on the air vent (That would have been an expensive mistake so I am very grateful)

My first challenge in following the manual was that I could only see left hand drive illustrations (is there an option to view right hand drive views?). That meant I was searching for a non existent screw near the center console to release the big panel under the steering wheel.

Having managed that, the storage pocket. pillar trim and the air vent were easy - the manual was correct for them!

When I get time I will resize and post pictures of the new set up with the Satnav and reversing screen installed.:thumb:

Thanks again

DNA

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back