Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I thought it best to create a topic for this as I originally posted it in bits as an aside in another thread.

This is a standard lid fastening screw, on the right new on the left corroded and rounded out from the wrong type of screwdriver being used at some time.
The correct tool is a long reach PZ2 screwdriver NOT any shape or form of Philips!
CA_03301416480200-M.jpg

However the main problem is the fact that the screws used are completely inappropriate (not fit for purpose)
My own filter housing lid had one fixing snapped off completely out of frustration or complete inability to remove the fourth screw.
I found a seller offering a complete new housing with filter at £64.99 and took that option as the cheapest fix I could find.
My remedy for the standard screws was to replace them with self drilling roofing screws with mate heads.
CA_03271413583045-M.jpg

CA_03271414260452-M.jpg

I decided to not replace my existing lower filter housing as it means replacing the securing bands on the in and out hoses and nothing wrong with it either.
So I screwed each screw in by hand first in situ to cut the threads
CA_03281413245032-M.jpg

Should be no future problems
CA_03281413250999-M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
French version and I only just posted it :roflmto: I love them

Problème de boîtier de filtre à air X250.

Il s'agit d'un couvercle à vis de fixation standard, sur la droite de nouveau sur la gauche corrodé et complété par le mauvais type de tournevis utilisé à un moment donné.
L'outil correct est une longue portée PZ2 tournevis PAS n'importe quelle forme de Philips!

Cependant, le problème principal est le fait que les vis utilisées sont totalement inapproprié (pas adaptée à l'objectif)
Ma propre couvercle de boîtier de filtre a une fixation s'est cassé complètement hors de la frustration ou incapacité totale à supprimer le quatrième vis.
J'ai trouvé un vendeur proposant un nouveau boîtier complet avec filtre à £ 64,99 et pris cette option que le correctif le moins cher que j'ai pu trouver.
Mon remède pour les vis standard était de les remplacer par des auto forage vis de toiture avec des têtes mate.

J'ai décidé de ne pas remplacer mon boîtier de filtre inférieur existant, car cela signifie relacing les bandes de fixation sur la dans et hors des tuyaux et rien de mal à cela non plus.
Donc je me suis planté chaque vis à la main la première in situ pour couper les fils

Devrait avoir aucun problème à venir

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Mine is exactly the same. One lug snapped off and at least one of the screws has the head mangled . . .:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rono

Free Member
Jun 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Boxer conversion
Exp
Since 2014
I have been to Peugeot/ Citroen for these screws and both have the parts list but its all wrong saying that there are 6 screws with a hex head so i bought them had a game returning (they want to charge restocking) pointed out that the parts list is totally incorrect had to show "service" manager the actual parts i required not the professional as they claim.
rant over

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back