X250 2011 Document holder help needed (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Can anyone advise if the following is correct and any solutions as to a remedy?
TIA

If I remove the document compartment from above radio see fig
Can I then remove (rigid, not adjustable as older models) map holder with clip by removing two screws from locations as per fig , is there only the two screws?
Can the clip then be repaired or is it a full replacement? The reason being the clip has come away and only the spring remains.
If full part needed does anyone know part no or location of part?
Thanks again for help

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
its a simple job of pull out the compartment and 2 x screws ( dont drop any ) :whistle:... been there..:).

lift the front and it lifts out. there are 2 types of clip board one that raises and one that does not as far as i am aware you cannot get at the mechanism in the back of the clip board to repair. but its such a simple job to get it off its worth checking.

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
:clap:

Thank Phill looks like I will have to source a replacement one (fixed type)

Tried to find on eBay but failed so far

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as its under the dash and cant be seen it may be worth doing a bit of hacking on the inside to see if you can get it fixed and super glue it back. nothing to loose if you are going to buy new (y)

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Will have a look when I get if off Phill buggered if I can find its correct part name but will have to go to dealers if it can't be repaired. Lol the last time I put a fix for a fridge lock on here I basically got called a cheapskate. The fix works better than the original lol thanks again Phill

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Modern society is far to ready to throw away things that can be easily and cheaply repaired. If it is just the spring clip that is broken could you get another from a Poundland clip board and replace it with that? Probably not but just a thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I agree with you
It is Not the spring itself but the clasps that hold the clip onto a rod it seems that the clip and spring slip onto rod but the plastic bits on clip have broken it is in storage or would post a pic. I am in no rush as it's not vital and I am asking for ideas in case anyone else has had the same problem.
Thanks

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi
Just come across your post - I know it's an old one, but just seen this part advertised on eBay 121491304333
Not sure if it's correct colour though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back