WTF! Is wrong with the French!?! (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Just to be contrary to popular views; when I am camping I would rather use a public toilet than the one in the van. Saves having to do the walk of shame and all that messing with the cassette.

Its not a walk of shame, its a fact of life :D

@davidathomas42
Guess you won't be visiting Morocco anytime?

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
crossed my mind..didn't dare ask

In the UK the "non sitters" would take plastic bottles into the cubicles to do their washing ... then leave them there for someone else to remove them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
7C83BF25-CC63-4EF5-950C-181C75E15377.jpeg

Made it back to a C&MCS yesterday after the ferry.

Met by this. Clean. Not Broken. Warm Room. Very present as these places go.

We seem to manage all that ok so why not the French.

Appreciate the different views but no Seat is just wrong.

As for Morocco I guess if I go there I’ll def be using the vans. I used to fly in there a lot when I was a skipper for Ryanair and I had a rule of keeping the cockpit door closed at all times to stop the stink from the locals drifting in. The invention of the shower has not made it there yet I suspect.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
In Egypt a couple of years I had to use the toilet at a museum we were visiting. On entering I was handed 2 sheets of toilet paper. I was a bit alarmed as I'm usually half a roll man.
When I exited the attendant asked me if I liked his toilets and held his hand out. Yes, I was tempted!

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Personally I would rather have a ceramic toilet with no seat = I quick wipe around with a sterilising wipe and the job is done, no where for "contaminants" to hide. What is so wrong with ceramic .... it is easy to clean, it is not porous, there are no hinges, pegs, stand offs or anything else to hide filth. Is it really a question of some folks have a botty so delicate they cannot support the cold touch. I have seen the underside of toilet seats and most are not a pretty sight but if you prefer the germ infested, bacteria storing seats .... good on yer

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Give the French a chance, up until recently the toilet consisted of a hole in the floor where you stood over it. I could never understand how to take a crap without doing it in your pants and trousers.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Where I fly from we have the old "thunder box" It is a wooden box with a toilet seat, so previous posters will be happy. Oh forgot to say .... we don't have water so at the side of the box is a tub of sawdust, you do your bizzyness and lightly cover it with sawdust ..... how does that grab yer dearies?? Bugger forgot the rest. On the INSIDE above the door there is a wasps nest .... so no rapid movements.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Where I fly from we have the old "thunder box" It is a wooden box with a toilet seat, so previous posters will be happy. Oh forgot to say .... we don't have water so at the side of the box is a tub of sawdust, you do your bizzyness and lightly cover it with sawdust ..... how does that grab yer dearies?? Bugger forgot the rest. On the INSIDE above the door there is a wasps nest .... so no rapid movements.

At least it had a seat

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
If a couple of loos without seats upset you so much, maybe camping and touring is not for you.

No no. Happy enough camping and touring. Just think a toilet from the 15th century is pointless. Thankfully I always have the vans

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
At my Gran`s, we had a "Two Holer". Originally it went on the dung heap, composted and was put on the land!. Later on the "Night Soil" men took it away in a "wet" truck, which went on the farms. In the USA, especially in State and National Parks, there are a lot of "vault" toilets Basically as I understand it its a huge hole and anaerobic compostation takes place naturally.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
All this talk of toilet seet's think you self lucky sum of the places i have worked,
You were lucky if ther was a door in fact a cubical just rows of toilets
bill

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
No no. Happy enough camping and touring. Just think a toilet from the 15th century is pointless. Thankfully I always have the vans
There are millions of refugees and displaced persons around the world who would love the opportunity to use a loo with or without a seat.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
All this talk of toilet seet's think you self lucky sum of the places i have worked,
You were lucky if ther was a door in fact a cubical just rows of toilets
bill

With a shared Long Trough? flushed from one end. Wait `til the stalls are all full, light paper at the "Flusher" end and retire mediately, with luck you can hide out until "knocking off" time without getting beaten to death!.:D2:whistle:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Strange, this British obsession with toilets. Other countries just seem to use the toilet and get on with life.....

You'll find that lots of German toilets are designed with a "slipway" so you can take the opportunity to exam your business before you flush it away.:eek:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Growing up in South Africa in the 50s and 60s had several outdoor "dubs" as we called them. Just a deep hole in ground with a wooden seat with a hole cut in it. (The last bit is essential, I promise).
There were a number of occasions when you found yourself sitting there musing only to find you were sharing the dub with a ringhals (spitting cobra) or other snake. Talk about a natural, rapid acting laxative!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The most disgusting toilets I've seen were in Britain ....

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
They don't have toilets at my work, they reckon it affects production.
We've got these instead

images.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back