Jan 13, 2015
Switzerland
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Flash 02
Exp
2014 newbie
Hi

I'm a newbie and brought my Ford Transit Chausson Flash 02 last May 2014. Only 5k on the clock!! but build year 2010. Have had a great time all over Europe, GB and Ireland and very pleased with my compact MH.

HOWEVER, we had a scrape boarding the PO North Sea Ferry and I damaged a plastic side skirt. OK, full insurance, took it to a garage and then---!!!

It transpires that it is a 2010 new Ford Transit with a presumably written off MH body from a Chausson Flash 02. Actually I didn't know it was a Flash 02, as mine is emblazened 'Evolution'. We fould this out, because the repair shop attempted to order the replacement panel from Chausson who said the chassis no. doesn't exist!

Oh dear! I'm worried. However, the MH had a recent 'MOT' which is very stringent here in Switzerland and it passed all OK. Can anyone think of things I might check? I bought it private and although I'm basically pleased with it, I'm still worried.

Gulp!

Alan (Switzerland but British)

Attachments

• manxman.JPG
    manxman.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 29

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, sorry to hear about your problems, I would check the V.I.N number, engine number against the registration document, presuming you have that in Switzerland, and take it from there. If they don't match maybe a word with your local traffic police is in order for further investigation......
Best of luck, let us know how you get on.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Before you panic make sure the repair shop quoted the correct chassis number.

When Knowepark were ordering the bits for ours we had to give a number from one of the plates inside the bonnet. The number was on the bottom right hand side of the plate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manxli

Manxli

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Switzerland
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Flash 02
Exp
2014 newbie
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes numbers OK coz I've checked them too. I even found the dealer who sold the original scrap motorhome in the Czech rep. However they don't reply to my mails.

I feel a bit troubled in one way and don't want to wake a sleeping dog without knowing what might be wrong. That said, it's in great condition and obviously professionally done. Still feel cheated though.
Alan

OP
OP
Manxli

Manxli

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Switzerland
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Flash 02
Exp
2014 newbie
Hi Puddleduck

Yes, the plate you mention had the number on it and also the name of the 'scrap' dealer I tracked down. Obviously I didn't know they were a scrap dealer at first. I thought they were the manufacturer.

Alan

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I think some local legal advice will be needed.

Without knowing what was said at the time of the sale and how much you paid it's difficult to give advice - especially as if you bought it in Switzerland the law will be quite different.

You say that you have had fun on your travels and that the rebuild appears to be professional and that it has gone through the Swiss equivalent of the MOT. So the problem appears to be that you are having problems getting spares and you think you probably paid too much for the van.

I can't help with the spares although you may be able to source for a scrap dealer or from Chausson if you can get the original chassis number.

As to paying too much for the van you may be able to claim from the seller if he knew the history of the van. If not I suggest you put it down to experience and just enjoy what you have.

(and just an aside you will need to pay your subs before you run out of postings. It will be the best £10 you ever spend)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
so you have a body transplant onto a decent chassis and it looks professionally done. Assuming the original chassis was accident damaged fine, however it could have been a stolen motorhome who's identity was crushed. I would seek legal advice before pursuing anything further.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
so you have a body transplant onto a decent chassis and it looks professionally done. Assuming the original chassis was accident damaged fine, however it could have been a stolen motorhome who's identity was crushed. I would seek legal advice before pursuing anything further.

Totally agree Wildman. Until there is some clarification over what happened to the original base vehicle we can't really help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back