Wow France is busy with Motorhomers (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Wow I thought the French holidays were over, our first stop was the aire at Embry, a beautiful aire and we had it all to ourselves we then went on to Le-Crotoy thinking that would be quiet also, big error as it was completely stuffed full of vans as the picture shows.

We have now moved down to a nice new aire at Neufchatel-en-Bray and as yet this one is almost empty as of yet, the secret maybe to keep away from the coastal strip.

Graham it is clear blue skies everywhere and scorching hot :thumb:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. avoid the coast...
We came back last week and really busy with vans heading down and south..
Tried Wissant aire as an overnight before ferry, ram packed they had even used all the bus bays...:Doh:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Was there a few weeks back.
There were 000`s of U/K motorhomes around the Northern parts of France.

Lots of nice campsites over there and better empty roads that`s why:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They have heard Shifty is on route and are making the best of it before he arrives :winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wow I thought the French holidays were over, our first stop was the aire at Embry, a beautiful aire and we had it all to ourselves we then went on to Le-Crotoy thinking that would be quiet also, big error as it was completely stuffed full of vans as the picture shows.

We have now moved down to a nice new aire at Neufchatel-en-Bray and as yet this one is almost empty as of yet, the secret maybe to keep away from the coastal strip.

[HI]Graham it is clear blue skies everywhere and scorching hot[/HI] :thumb:

Same here today as well Alan :thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
thats not full i can see gaps between the vans, full is when you cant open the had door

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

We did exactly the same Alan, pulled into Le Crotoy, walked around the town and decided too crowded so moved on. We were then going to N-en-B but went on to this aire at Mailleraye and pleased we did but sorry not to have met up with you.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We were in Fort Mahon and Le Crotoy last week. It was busy but not over crowded. We had plenty of room between us and the next van.
Andy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Everyone in the uk heard Munchie was heading there so they all went to France :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

Thanks for that:thumb: , didnt realise there was an aire in Neufchatel-en-Bray , new or otherwise . Now on the " visit list " for next time we are tootling down to one of our favourites at Forges-les-Eaux .

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks for that:thumb: , didnt realise there was an aire in Neufchatel-en-Bray , new or otherwise . Now on the " visit list " for next time we are tootling down to one of our favourites at Forges-les-Eaux .

Just walked past it and phew 12 euros per night including 10 amp leccy, it is very well done though with all neat hard standings and barrier on the gate.

It belongs to the camp site (Sainte Claire ) which incidently is stuffed to capacity tonight

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The only aires we've ever had trouble getting into in summer were the ones we arrived at late. The trick is to be there between 10-11am when most people leave, if humanly possible.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
So thats where you were all hiding?
Sat on Dunkirk aire having done 1500 miles round France and not seen another funster all fortnight.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007

Forges le eaux smashing place that aire is..last time we stayed there it cost 5:60 mind you it was 4 years ago..Nice little town and it has an Oirish Bar bejasus

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Yes.. avoid the coast...
We came back last week and really busy with vans heading down and south..
Tried Wissant aire as an overnight before ferry, ram packed they had even used all the bus bays...:Doh:

We stopped at Wissant on Monday to walk the dogs before getting the Tunnel. There were a few spaces, but as it was only about 1030 am, I wasn't surprised. We tried to get on that Aire a couple of weeks ago, late one night, but it was packed. So, we drove south for a couple of miles and found a very small sign telling us that there was an aire, on a farm, very close by. We found the aire, turns out there are 3 of them all close to Wissant, one of them with the most spectacular views of the channel. €5 a night into an honesty box at the farm with a service point and EHU if you need one.
Below link should take you to the site with coordinates
Allan

Link Removed

Last edited:
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Went to a supermarket just north of La Rochelle, 7 other British vans in the car park, along with German and French vans. Very busy generally. Hope to wander over to Parc Verger on the travels.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Parc Verger is a lovely spot, and Bob and Di are lovely.:thumb:

Wyn

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We stopped at the aire by the ferry port at Dieppe the other night as we were booked on the 05.30am boat - plenty of vans in there but a choice of spaces - well worth the 7 euros... :Smile:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Parc Verger...

I'm at Parc Verger as I type this..... and for the first time in my travels so far have met another Funster..... two actually, Robin and Hilary (Meanders).

It is indeed a lovely site, and I'm sure I'll be returning.

Simon

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Forges le eaux smashing place that aire is..last time we stayed there it cost 5:60 mind you it was 4 years ago..Nice little town and it has an Oirish Bar bejasus

:roflmto:was in that very same bar when we were there a couple of weeks ago . Only thing is I ordered the wrong leffe beer and got the one which has a perfumy taste and smell to it , not my favourite beer.:Sad:

Cant recall the exact cost of the aire , think it was around the € 6.5 mark. Not a lot considering the facilities .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back