Would you take your dog(s) into campsite toilets? (1 Viewer)

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
We wouldn't, but it's surprising how many people have had to be politely asked NOT to take their dog into the toilet/shower block with them. I've only ever seen women doing this, and they are most upset when asked not to.

Surely the reasons not to do this are too obvious to need stating....so, would you or wouldn't you???

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Why would anyone need to,,,,some crazy people about,,,,BUSBY,,,

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have a small chihuahua and if i need the loo but cant make it back to the van in time, i will take her in with me, depending on campsite. If quiet, i will tie her outside.
And the reasons are?? Cant be any worse than folk walking in with their muddy hiking boots lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
I'm sure some folk smuggle small dogs in and aren't spotted, but I'm talking about large/medium size dogs as well :eek:

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
I have a small chihuahua and if i need the loo but cant make it back to the van in time, i will take her in with me, depending on campsite. If quiet, i will tie her outside.
And the reasons are?? Cant be any worse than folk walking in with their muddy hiking boots lol

I'm sure your dog is cleaner than some folk, but not everyone likes dogs, some are scared of dogs, and what if there's more than one and they start fighting? Just saying...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'm sure your dog is cleaner than some folk, but not everyone likes dogs, some are scared of dogs, and what if there's more than one and they start fighting? Just saying...
Dogs rarely fight. Occasionally they have noisy disagreements that sound to non-dog owners like fighting. If you ever see dogs actually fighting it isn't something you'd ever forget.:eek:.

John65

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2000
Tried taking our Lab. And spinner in a few times but they kept falling of the seat so don't bother anymore .

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would never consider dogging in the campsite loos (or anywhere else!)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

What you have to remember is that everyones dog is clean,,none are nasty and when they fart it smells of roses,,,not a good subject to ever criticise on here,,BUSBY:rollingeyes::rollingeyes::rollingeyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes I would. No hesitation. I would not tie her up outside. Her feet are no more dirty than any footwear any human is wearing. She will not steal the loo roll. Will not squirt soap everywhere. Or block the drains with loo roll and run the tap. Nor are either of us likely to decide to s#!t in the shower. Plus some sites charge for dogs.....what facilities DOES that gain them access to I wonder? Janie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
What you have to remember is that everyones dog is clean,,none are nasty and when they fart it smells of roses,,,not a good subject to ever criticise on here,,BUSBY:rollingeyes::rollingeyes::rollingeyes:
You've met my dog then?

OP
OP
Twogirls

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Er No, perhaps you could enlighten us?

How funny, we thought it was a really weird thing to do, but clearly we're in the minority!!!! We have a dog and like dogs but it wouldn't even occur to me to do it!! There,are lots of people, believe it or not, who don't like dogs and even if they do would object to finding someone else's in the facilities intended for humans

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We like to give our two dogs a shower now and again when away,subject to the showers being clean enough ,the transformation after a bit of head and shoulders is remarkable lol.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We wouldn't, but it's surprising how many people have had to be politely asked NOT to take their dog into the toilet/shower block with them. I've only ever seen women doing this, and they are most upset when asked not to.

Surely the reasons not to do this are too obvious to need stating....so, would you or wouldn't you???

Just wondering how you know many people have had to asked not to take their dogs inside and were upset at being asked not to. Was it you who asked them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back