Would you like to own a campsite? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think owning a campsite is a dream that many have, just like those dream of owning a little pub in the country... great until it comes true and you wish you never had the dream. ..

just plain hard thankless work, no holidays, 24/365 on duty.. out in all weathers, dealing with Jo public.. a thankless task.. no thanks.

pub and campsite.. same..

I ran my mates pub for almost a year.. nice little pub in Kent.. Golden Lion in Luddesdown..

16+ hours every day, 7 days a week.. what a thankless task.. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont owners of campsites have to deal with the general public and there offspring ?. If so I couldn't imagine a worse occupation :RollEyes:.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Always amused me to hear police and forces personnel talking of "retiring" to run a pub. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
On that subject, I sent the CC an email yesterday, about their new policy of using visiting young children as traffic policemen. The idea is, (if you haven't already heard of it), is to get kids to show drivers a 'high five', if they suspect that any vehicle is exceeding the 5mph campsite limit. I asked them who would be responsible if a kiddie got knocked over when engaged in this dubious practice, and I also enquired if the children, (any age, it seems), were being issued with speed cameras.
As yet, they haven't replied. :whatthe:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
On that subject, I sent the CC an email yesterday, about their new policy of using visiting young children as traffic policemen. The idea is, (if you haven't already heard of it), is to get kids to show drivers a 'high five', if they suspect that any vehicle is exceeding the 5mph campsite limit. I asked them who would be responsible if a kiddie got knocked over when engaged in this dubious practice, and I also enquired if the children, (any age, it seems), were being issued with speed cameras.
As yet, they haven't replied. :whatthe:

I would have thought they would be better employed as sleeping policemen.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Yes we have talked about owning a campsite.

Having seen the state the toilets are left in during high season and school holidays, including the kids that are so bored because the parents dont supervise them that they spend time wetting toilet paper and making it stick everywhere (not just on the ceiling)
I am not sure I could ask my worst enemy to clean up after them.

Do they do this at home??? If not why do they leave the toilets showers etc in such a disgusting state during high season when they are away???

Perhaps the sensible thing would be to close for high season :Eeek::Eeek:

I have been to lovely sites that no longer allow dogs because kiddies walk the dogs (and adults as well) but arent prepared to clear up the mess they make.

Sad but reality. I think families that run campsites work extremely hard and have a pretty rough time.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I can see you never got jiffed for bog cleaning fatigues at a certain barracks in Aldershot, following a night of much beer and dodgy Chinese take away's.......:whatthe:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
To be fair Tootles, the squaddies probably didn't try to flush 'disposable' nappies, sanitary products or wet wipes into the camp's sewage system; and people DO flush them down any loo that isn't theirs.

Possibly they do flush them down theirs though, judging from some of the blockages Trophychap has had to flush out of the bit of the sewer that's on the end of the run and passes through our garden and down our drive into the road sewer, thank heaven Severn Trent have to come and do that now!

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
To be fair Tootles, the squaddies probably didn't try to flush 'disposable' nappies, sanitary products or wet wipes into the camp's sewage system; and people DO flush them down any loo that isn't theirs.

Possibly they do flush them down theirs though, judging from some of the blockages Trophychap has had to flush out of the bit of the sewer that's on the end of the run and passes through our garden and down our drive into the road sewer, thank heaven Severn Trent have to come and do that now!

I would just like to put on record that I have never flushed one of my sanitary towels down the loo.:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I would just like to put on record that I have never flushed one of my sanitary towels down the loo.:thumb:

And I have never flushed one of my incontee pads either! The very thought! ::bigsmile::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back