would you let a stranger...... (1 Viewer)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter
I have never heard that! If anyone knocked here looking to use the toilet I would not even answer the door.

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I have never heard that! If anyone knocked here looking to use the toilet I would not even answer the door.

Kath
Never heard of that either but we have done in the past. There once was a local postwomen who would ask to use the loo, one day my hubby had been in before her, she never came back.:LOL: Another time on our way to our car a couple of young girls asked where public toilets were, as they were quite far we let them use ours. (y)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Happened to us once outside Milan, stuck in a 10 hour traffic jam, Italian woman asked if she could use the loo wife said yes.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Yes, I would let them use ours. The stuff that is in there already isn't that precious.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We've had this discussion a few times: I always feel "do as you would be done to" and would be prepared to help in many circumstances; Barbara is much more reluctant and says "they shall not pass".

Just as we finished lunch in a layby off the A21 on Friday a chap came from the car parked in front of us and knocked on the windscreen, as he walked towards the door. "What do we do?". As he looked moderately fit and young (well, middle-aged) I decided the answer would be "sorry but no". However, he thrust 2 bottles of beer into my hand, saying "I can't take these with me so you can have them!" We have decided that he was on his way to the airport in a hire car and felt we were more deserving than HM Customs. Obviously, we concur.

And perhaps we will be more generous if there is a next time? - Gordon

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
the next day we were on the A1 just north of newcastle see this poor sole hitchhiking very could we were snowed in on a layby of the road we gave him a bed for the night. or he would have frozen to death. the snow was three feet thick when the snowplough finally got us out the next day bill[/QUOTE said:
This is common humanity,
I wonder given some attitude on this thread if some would have refused that.
Imagine the scenario, Knock on the door in a snowstorm asking for help,and refused.
Next day the only son of the chief constable found dead at your door, after he had been able to phone home telling dad the situation with you, before dying of hypothermia. How would that have been received by the rescue services.
Bit awkward I think.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
We parked up in a supermarket last week, and when my wife came back with the shopping, there was a mum and young daughter (about6) looking for a place for the daughter to to have a pee. My wife offered our loo, and the little girl was so happy she did not have to use the side of the road. All i can say is the look on her face was worth it....lol

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Most (but not all) of the supermarkets that I visit have a loo for customers (it always helps to keep the contents of my own loo low!) - Gordon

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I let JJ use it and hes a strange man..LOL :lipssealed:

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
Was stuck in a horrendous traffic holdup between Bilbao and Biarritz this July with an accident needing helicopter recovery. After a few hours had a Spanish lady asked to use the loo. Just said yes as the risks didn't seem that bad and I'm sure it was a great relief to her. A bit later some small children in the car in front used it too. Some cold drinks from the fridge were gratefully received by the same family. Answer would have been different if we were on a camp site or at a port.
John

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think common sense is the way to go about this if its urgent and you are happy with the circumstances.We would allow someone but would always be aware of the scammers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back