would you let a stranger...... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
tinhat
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
the drugs angle hadn't even occurred to me but as the woman hadn't approached other motorhomes or the person directing the vehicles to ask about toilets as far as I could see, then perhaps that could have been the reason. I guess I will never know and I just hope that I am not caught short in Spain somewhere near her house:LOL::whistle::oops:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I had just bought my pride and joy, a Hymer 660S and it was still in pristine condition and I was about to sign into Setthorns New Forest campsite and four trendy youngsters in a car were trying to book in with their tent but they had no toilet... Setthorns is a NO facility site.

The two young ladies, expecting to be able to use the campsite loo, were now at bursting point and asked/pleaded with me to let them use mine.

Of course I allowed them to... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
if you are entertaining then yes as has happened in cue doubt it

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Ah, but what if it was Kylie or the Duchess of Cambridge............................you could then get vast amounts of dosh on ebay for your toilet seat, assuming that you had remembered to ask them to sign it with an indelible pen !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tinhat
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
Ah, but what if it was Kylie or the Duchess of Cambridge............................you could then get vast amounts of dosh on ebay for your toilet seat, assuming that you had remembered to ask them to sign it with an indelible pen !!!

Never a pen around when you need one !!!!!

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
A couple of years ago we were held up in traffic on the M2, an accident, stopped the engine, even was making a brew, a knock on the door, pregnant woman wanting to use the loo, said OK, she thank us and left, on leaving a snooty american lady in car next to us said, "how can you use the toilet" peeing into a bucket, pregnant lady said, "Oh no, its fully flushing toilet" anyway still there about another hour, pregnant lady back again, used it and left, all the time mrs snooty moaning, Mrs snooty then went Geri's door and said, can I use your toilet, Geri got her own back, told her to "f#ck Off" and big cheer went up from rest of the motorists.

OP
OP
tinhat
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp

is that what you call a royal flush ?????

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Depends on the circumstances but if you think they are just being nebby say yes but also say the cassette needs to be emptied before anyone else uses it......

OP
OP
tinhat
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
I had just bought my pride and joy, a Hymer 660S and it was still in pristine condition and I was about to sign into Setthorns New Forest campsite and four trendy youngsters in a car were trying to book in with their tent but they had no toilet... Setthorns is a NO facility site.

The two young ladies, expecting to be able to use the campsite loo, were now at bursting point and asked/pleaded with me to let them use mine.

Of course I allowed them to... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

may I be rude and ask how long ago that was ? I'm fairly new to this site but even I know that you rufty tuftys don't do campsites in the New Forest

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
A few years ago we were held on the M20 by a serious fatal accident on our way to the ferry.

We did not move a wheel for 6 hours by which time men were disappearing down the embankment and returning looking relieved. My wife noticed two young ladies ( late teens) looking very worried as they needed to "go" but couldn't find anywhere out of public view. She invited them to use our loo which they did, gratefully, even offering to pay for the privilege.

Incidentally , after about four hours of the holdup, with no info from the Police as to what was happening, two guys in a builders van went down the embankment and sawed down two fence posts making a gap in the hedge. Several vehicles , mainly 4x4 and commercial vans then drove down the embankment, over the neighbouring field and away .

We stayed put as we didn't fancy risking the damage.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ah, but what if it was Kylie or the Duchess of Cambridge
Here we see The Duchess of Cornwall, and HRH The Princess Anne queuing to use the ladies at Goodwood. :)

Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Duchess+Cornwall+Attends+EJEr2omHHVrl.jpg

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
you cant get stranger than the funsters. cant say no to them. or can I. but dare say no to dawn, or joy.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Go pee behind a bush over the hill , Where ever!, men hang it out anywhere! Why cant females?

The answer would be no!

At 74! too old to be PC!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
may I be rude and ask how long ago that was ? I'm fairly new to this site but even I know that you rufty tuftys don't do campsites in the New Forest

Better be a long time ago.... or he'll have to explain this .... just as he had to explain about the "Dutch bint":sneaky::whistle:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
A few years ago we were held on the M20 by a serious fatal accident on our way to the ferry.

We did not move a wheel for 6 hours by which time men were disappearing down the embankment and returning looking relieved. My wife noticed two young ladies ( late teens) looking very worried as they needed to "go" but couldn't find anywhere out of public view. She invited them to use our loo which they did, gratefully, even offering to pay for the privilege.

Incidentally , after about four hours of the holdup, with no info from the Police as to what was happening, two guys in a builders van went down the embankment and sawed down two fence posts making a gap in the hedge. Several vehicles , mainly 4x4 and commercial vans then drove down the embankment, over the neighbouring field and away .

We stayed put as we didn't fancy risking the damage.
we had a simler thing many years ago on the M5 it was a very bad fatal accident we ended up letting many use our loo and made tea and bacon buttes.
the next day we were on the A1just north of new castile see this poor sole hitchhiking very could we were snowed in on a layby of the road we gave him a bed for the night.
or he would have frozen to death.
the snow was three feet thick when the snowplough finally got us out the next day
bill

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Unless they had a Balaclava on I would say yes,as I've been desperate before

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I do have prostate trouble, so my loo is a lifesaver for me when travelling, but a year or so ago I was buying some expensive machine bits in another town when I had paid a lot of money out. I was suddenly struck by the urge to go urgently and asked if I could go into the staff loo two yards away at the end of the counter and was told 'NO IT IS STAFF ONLY for health and safety reason , you might fall over and injures yourself . Use the public toilets along the seafront'. About 400 yards away, I did get there but was nearly crying. I could have wet myself in the shop and then sued them for public humiliation. or done it in their shop doorway. Pity I had paid them for the stuff, I haven't been back to the bastards for HEALTH AND SAFETY reasons. I would let a distressed person use it. I also carry a spare cassette in the garage.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Pity I had paid them for the stuff, I haven't been back to the bastards for HEALTH AND SAFETY reasons. I would let a distressed person use it. I also carry a spare cassette in the garage.

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
we had a simler thing many years ago on the M5 it was a very bad fatal accident we ended up letting many use our loo and made tea and bacon buttes.
the next day we were on the A1just north of new castile see this poor sole hitchhiking very could we were snowed in on a layby of the road we gave him a bed for the night.
or he would have frozen to death.
the snow was three feet thick when the snowplough finally got us out the next day
bill

You've truly got a heart of gold, Bill.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Gwaygway - I'd have let you use mine. I remember my mum when she was having radiotherapy for ovarian cancer, being taken short in the Big Jobs department on more than one occasion - she had to knock on a stranger's door once; how humiliating it was for her.

So I'd let someone who was in trouble, or like has been said, if stuck on the motorway. Once in a ferry queue (something had happened, we were waiting hours, family in a car with 3 smallish children, was Speedferries and zilcho facilities) Mum was trying to cut up a baguette on the bonnet of the car to make them some sandwiches - I passed her out my breadknife and board!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about a total stranger as the occasion has never arisen, but certainly lots of non-immediate family have used our loo.
Sitting round the van having drinks and playing cards or whatever,, nowt worse than someone having to get up, go walk to their van and then walk back.. kinda destroys the mood if you know what I mean.
Years ago I would have said no way, but after emptying the portaloo of a whole raft of folks wee and doodoo at the Bash a couple of years ago all over my hands and arms and not contracting some terrible disease as a result, I now could not care less !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I did at Shell Island. . . I wasn't overly happy about it though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back