Would you lend out your van?? (1 Viewer)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The point I'm arguing is not how long you put them up for but would you help in a emergency. my answers yes I'd help out with my motorhome others is no, as for the smell of sewage etc that's all to be taken into consideration which is more than some would do.
Dave.

There are many many other ways of assisting them without lending a motorhome out - The question asked was would you lend your motorhome out to sister in law to live in whilst she and her family clean up after the family home was flooded over Xmas in Fetcham, Surrey.
Your response suggests people are not willing to help - Simple no way would I lend my rig to a relation or anyone - would I help them out of course I would. Accommodation as stated would be made immediately available by their insurance probably quicker than the OP could drive down there - emergency accommodation and food would be available from local authority or other organisations.

I doubt in truth the OP's insurance would cover for this purpose so all the time the van in being full timed it will not be insured - there are far more implications to the matter than just lending it

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
During the Cheshire floods in 1998, the river Dane changed course and came through my home. Water and sewage were 4 ft up the wall. After a phone call to the insurers I was in a hotel for 3 weeks and later in a holiday cottage for a further 6 months whilst the house was rebuilt.The insurance claim was as you can imagine quite considerable. Had I a caravan to live in instead of running huge hotel, cottage rentals up I would quite possibly still be in a caravan awaiting insurance companies to sort it out. By loaning anyone your motorhome not only are you compromising your own insurance but will be slowing down the claim process for whoever is in the process of a claim. That is presuming they have insurance. If they dont then its a different story.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
yes but for how long would you consider to be an emergency? its very hard to say no to a loved one, but would be even harder to ask for it back after a few weeks knowing no end was in sight with regard to getting them back in their home

yep tough one,but the question was would I help with my M/H the answer was yes, people said they wouldn't help even if they had insurance. from someone who has been on the receiving end of many acts of kindness and returned many I'm happy and will continue to help were I can, but not blindly.
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The point I'm arguing is not how long you put them up for but would you help in a emergency. my answers yes I'd help out with my motorhome others is no, as for the smell of sewage etc that's all to be taken into consideration which is more than some would do.
Dave.

Simples.....

I would sleep in the motorhome, I'm used to that, I know how it all works......

They can sleep in my bed, till the insurance houses or fixes things for them....

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I would certainly help close friends or family in any way I could but not by lending them our van. They can use our house, we'll live in the van:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We couldn't anyway as we full time but if we could I probably would under sufferance but be worried the whole time and would probably do the same as most and offer them our bed in the house.
Things are expensive to replace in a motorhome.
And as mentioned wouldn't be insured for that purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back