"Would you be wanting to sell your motorhome" (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Bing Bong! went the front door.

Standing on the step was a big bear of a bloke who, before he had even opened his mouth I had sussed could speak fluent "Blarney"

"I was just passing"??? I resisted the urge to point out that ;
1. We live in a courtyard, fifty metres from the road into the estate (and that road is a cul de sac itself), and
2. Who is driving in this Lockdown?

He continued, " My parents have said they would like a motorhome. Would you be wanting to sell it"?
"I've just bought it.?
" Do you like it"
Me. Shrug of shoulders "Not had a chance yet"
A further question, then, " Would you like to sell it."
"I've just bought it"

With that he said his goodbyes.

Some might think I should have given him short shrift.
However, for all of our conversation, I was taking in Every nuisance of his being.

Looks like I will have to put my VW paperweight in front of the van tonight.
Anybody seeing a Ford Van LM 19 PZZ.

On finishing this, I'll be ringing 101.
Further to the above.

I called in at our local mechanics and he told me that another of his customers in a village 3mls away had the same bloke enquiring after the availability of his motorhome.
"Just passing" My 'Jim Royle'!!!

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
Having only recently read this post I have just had a similar knock on the door. Very polite, well dressed man asking if I was interested in selling the MH. He thanked me for my time, said how nice the Hymer was and then left. I can only assume he was an Irish Traveller based on his accent and there is a fairly large site that used to be a caravan site where they live less than a mile away.

Not particularly worried, like has been said before, if someone wanted to steal it they would have done by now rather than knock on the door! (plus the driver seat and batteries are currently out of the van!)

Atleast I know if I ever need a quick sale, I know where to go!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I reckon if these guys were intent on stealing your van they would not approach you and enquire if you wanted to sell it..They would be allowing you or your ctv to see their faces and reg no of their vehicle..I had one last week,,he even left me a card in case i changed my mind..Not really the normal actions of a thief..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back