• Well done, you found us. THIS IS THE NEW SERVER

Would campsites as a rule charge extra for a Tandem Cycle on a lightwieght trailer being towed behind (1 Viewer)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Since we changed to a PVC we have not been able to take away our Tandem i can only think to do this we could make a purpose made trailer for it but wondered if we would get charged everytime we went into a camp site. So thought i would ask what experiences others had .
thanks in advance

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You're paying for a pitch. A car and caravan take up more space for the same pitch fee.
My son tows a Smart car with his m/h and hasn't been charged extra for the car. I've toured with a m/bike on a trailer and never paid more than the stated pitch fee.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you should get charged move on, the site is obviously trying to get as much as they can for a pitch and don't care about the very people that pay their wages..

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Thanks for replies. I asked because once we were charged for a smart car toad. Agree we should have moved on but we didnt.As we were meeting friends

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
I have been charged for a separate car on two occasions, I asked why a car and caravan is OK but a motorhome and car £5 extra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I once went to book Nantgwynant campsite in North Wales.

They had loads of compulsory extras.

One was the car fee, you paid for the pitch and it was a compulsory extra fee for the car that we didn’t have……

Doubled the initial price by the time they finished. We didn’t stay.

Never heard of it before.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I would suggest checking with the site direct.
You’d like to think that you are paying for the pitch and as long as it fits on the pitch, then fine.
However, some sites will charge a fee for any extra that they can get extra cash out of the visitor - such as an additional tent, a gazebo or even a rented car.
Personally, I don’t see the difference between you taking a trailer and a camper who has a car and trailer or car and caravan.
I had this debate with a surly site manager near Padstow as to me, there was no difference in bringing a rental car onto my pitch and parked next to my Motorhome than a car and caravan. The site charged me for the privilege but my argument was why don’t they charge for the car being parked next to the caravan? Like some on here said, if you don’t like the site rules then don’t stay there - which we never shall do again.

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Caravan and Motorhome Club do, or at least the Edinburgh site does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I would suggest checking with the site direct.
You’d like to think that you are paying for the pitch and as long as it fits on the pitch, then fine.
However, some sites will charge a fee for any extra that they can get extra cash out of the visitor - such as an additional tent, a gazebo or even a rented car.
Personally, I don’t see the difference between you taking a trailer and a camper who has a car and trailer or car and caravan.
I had this debate with a surly site manager near Padstow as to me, there was no difference in bringing a rental car onto my pitch and parked next to my Motorhome than a car and caravan. The site charged me for the privilege but my argument was why don’t they charge for the car being parked next to the caravan? Like some on here said, if you don’t like the site rules then don’t stay there - which we never shall do again.
You could always reverse into the site and swear blind the toad was towing a caravan 🤔

Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson
Could you possibly fabricate a tow bar carrier that would take the tandem vertically or at an angle?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back