Would anyone be interested in a rally in Dumfries (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have been thinking about organising a rally in Dumfries during our Guid Nychburris weekend which will be 18/6 next year.

After a lot of phone calls I finally managed to get a hold of someone who's in charge of our school car parks, I called her this morning and she is keen and happy for it to go ahead but will have to take it to the school board. To save her or me wasting our time I thought I would see if anybody would be interested I have told her we need access to empty toilets and fresh water and if possible the use of a room/hall for get together's.

I doubt any of you will know what Guid Nychburris (good nieghbours ) is so check out this link for a brief description http://calendarcustoms.com/articles/dumfries-guid-nychburris-day/ .

The riding of the marches are to celebrate Dumfries gaining its Royal Borough status in 1186, the riders start at 6.30am and then we have the crowning of the Queen of the South who is a locally nominated high school pupil. During the parade all sorts of entertainment will be on from dancing,juggling to live bands, then at night they have a lorry parade where the Queen will be in the first lorry followed by loads of other lorries done up in fancy dress.

I've kept the best bit until last though as the pubs open at 6.30 and close at 3 the following morning.:)

This is purely a fact finding mission to see if anyone would be interested before doing to much work.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Potentially another taker here . Would dogs be allowed?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
18/6 next year
Hi @lorger I haven't checked but I know Sandra and Helen are sorting rallies out in Kelso Millport and Falkirk. . I have a feeling they may be in June. . Might pay to have a look if you haven't already or contact them so there isn't a clash..
I would be keen to attend one around Dumfries if I'm about...
Andy.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi @lorger I haven't checked but I know Sandra and Helen are sorting rallies out in Kelso Millport and Falkirk. . I have a feeling they may be in June. . Might pay to have a look if you haven't already or contact them so there isn't a clash..
I would be keen to attend one around Dumfries if I'm about...
Andy.
I had a look at the calendar and Kelso is the week after, I didn't notice Millport on it but I see its the weekend before so works out really well. People could do all 3 starting in Millport then Dumfries before heading to Kelso what a great 2 weeks in Scotland. :) I would probably be asking someone like Sandra and Helen for help anyway.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have Falkirk organised for Fri 15th June next year but I don't mind cancelling it altogether for a change.

I've not announced it yet as I don't think at this point in the year too many folk will want to pay a deposit.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have Falkirk organised for Fri 15th June next year but I don't mind cancelling it altogether for a change.

I've not announced it yet as I don't think at this point in the year too many folk will want to pay a deposit.

Sandra i didn't realise you had something on, this doesn't have to be the Guid Nychburris weekend I just thought it would be a good weekend for folk. Just now this is just at the early stages so might not happen although I should hopefully know in the next few weeks, I wouldn't cancel your event I'm sure people will go to both but there again I wouldn't have your help to run it :) I will update as soon as I know anything.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Yes interested please,

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
wouldn't cancel your event I'm sure people will go to both but there again I wouldn't have your help to run it :) I will update as soon as I know anything.

Gerry for me its more about folk having somewhere to go in Scotland and with the limited numbers that already come north I think it would be totally stupid to have 2 scottish meets run the same weekend.

Like I said I will happily cancel Falkirk for next year. It is great that you are willing to give a rally a go and if I can be of assistance I will (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Nice one Sandra, this would work in well with the others as Gerry says, give Falkirk a miss for a year rekindle the interest for 2018, my legs could do with a year more to recover from the ceilidh :LOL:

We would be definite probable please Gerry, I say 'we' loosely , probably me and hopefully Lola still :)(y)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Me please, I'm down for Millport so it would tie in nicely:)

Would this be better in rally chat section Jerry ?
@funflair (see, I'm starting already:LOL:!)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I had a look at the calendar and Kelso is the week after, I didn't notice Millport on it but I see its the weekend before so works out really well. People could do all 3 starting in Millport then Dumfries before heading to Kelso what a great 2 weeks in Scotland. :) I would probably be asking someone like Sandra and Helen for help anyway.

there is also our most favourite CL ever near Gatehouse of Fleet for some of the days in between (y)(y)

I had heard it wasn't a CL anymore but it still seems to be listed :) we have been back since we changed MH's but I cant find a photo

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If Falkirk doesn't go ahead then we would be interested. :)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ditto on the Millport front, so we would be up for this, nice area and relatives nearby, so yes please (y)

Event is on Sat 16th :).

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@lorger just looking at the dates the 18th June 2018 is a Monday is that right?

now look you have got Debbie and me on your case :):)

I just checked that out as well! If the 18th is correct how many nights please?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Could "possibly" be up for this, providing I have finished doing up this place..

And I could bring my new joke book... :Eeek:

So a "Maybe", Thanks..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Gerry for me its more about folk having somewhere to go in Scotland and with the limited numbers that already come north I think it would be totally stupid to have 2 scottish meets run the same weekend.

Like I said I will happily cancel Falkirk for next year. It is great that you are willing to give a rally a go and if I can be of assistance I will (y)
If you run them both a week apart it would be a great holiday in Scotland and we would definitely interested in both. (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Could "possibly" be up for this, providing I have finished doing up this place..

So a "Maybe", Thanks..
Oh, hang on.
If laughing boy is coming I've suddenly remembered a previous appointment, route canal work I've been so looking forward too. :whistle:;)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry guys I meant the 16th of June, now that I have a bit of interest I will put a little more effort into this.

It really is a good weekend with bands and dance groups in the parade, normally loads of activities on throughout the town so something for everyone and again most importantly the pubs are open for 20 hours :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

So a "Maybe", Thanks..
when you say new joke book do you actually mean a new one :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back