Working in Gibraltar, campsites anyone can recommend? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
HII

Hoping for a bit of advice. I have just been offered a contract in Giib. The rents on the Rock are exorbiitant. Small place big demand I guess.

Cunning Plan. I thought we could live in the motorhome in Spain and I could walk/cycle to the border and back each day

However, the only site I can find in La Linea, Sureuropa won't take dogs. I am really disappointed, but back to the drawing board.

I have found references to La Casita in San Roque which would be doable if I drive every day. No photo's or reviews though. Can anyone give me any information about it.

Alternatively, does anyone know of another campsite or aire where we can fit a big motorhome and a spaniel, and us. I have to live within 20 minutes of Gibraltar.

Or, can we rent an apartment in La Linea? Does anyone know if landlords allow dogs as a general rule in Spain. Accommodation that allows pets is like hens teeth round here.

I am really excited at the possibiliity of working abroad for a year, just got to work out how to make it happen.:thumb:

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are in a free parking area close to the border post and there are a couple of mh here where the owners travel in to gib to work. All up about 10-15 MH here and police don't seem interested and so far has been safe as houses.
Colin

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ask around there are several plots around the border that can be rented . had a mate work in morrisons for years and live in his camper in la linea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We rented apartments for 6 months (Fuengirola, then Marbella) and were astounded at the number of neighbours with large dogs (Alsatians, setters,etc).

Good luck - Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back