Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

Just wondering how many of you earn a living from your motorhome and if there are any of you that do what do you do?

I saw a little piece in Aprils Practical Motorhome magazine where Octavian Security are looking for motorhome owners to man sites across the UK using there motorhomes as a base.

It just got me thinking what other jobs people have while using the motorhomes.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I COULD work anywhere I can get a signal to the lappy

When I am away my daughter does most of the hands on stuff ( packing orders up and the like ) while I still handle all technical stuff, ordering and pretty much all other aspects of the business .. But to be fair I only go away rarely and she could proly run the whole shebang without any input from the old man apart from techy stuff !

Orders come in, she puts the parts in box's and sends em off.. If something gets low on stock either she will order or mail me and I will organise replenishment

I also do a few web sites for folk so if it is quiet while I am away I could always do a couple of pages on someone's site as peeps tend to want them updated all the time !

So yes, I could certainly run my business from wherever I happen to plug in to ! ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am sure a lot of people can and do work from the van. However beware there are ramifications.
if over 3.5Ton your vehicle then becomes a heavy goods vehicle even if only carrying your overalls or computer for use in the business. (Needing the appropriate licence and not a grandfathered exemption) Insurance goes through the roof if you are covered at all irrespective of weight. so do be careful out there. loose talk costs pounds.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
When we are away, we work from ours when a good connection is around. It works quite well until someone wants to view before hire - in which case, you end up explaining that you are quite far away!

Don't you always find, the best campsites have the worst wifi??:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In that case I shall be sure to sit out side when taking calls then WM ! :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back