Working and camping

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Bradplus6, May 6, 2013.

1. Bradplus6

Bradplus6 Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Europe where it is possible to work for a couple of hours per day (on a farm or vineyard) & in return get free camping - I remember an add several years ago where a farm in Italy did this though they provided accommodation & food - I intend to have my own. I'm in the process of selling a house & providing I get it sold will be buying a Bailey Approach 760. I homeschool the kids so rather than just holidaying I want them to experience an hour or 2 each day doing something worthwhile & learning new skills.

We had a camper for 2 years about 3 years ago - had to sell because of a parent who was ill but now looking again as I really miss the lifestyle - would love to live in one full time even though my friends think I'm nuts which I probably am ::bigsmile:

Any info greatly appreciated.

Dot

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Ratings:
    +7,191
    To work on a farm In the UK you have to be Eastern European! Wilkins Tiptree jams offer pitches for fruit pickers

3. Bradplus6

Bradplus6 Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bigfoot - because we are only doing it to learn new skills we don't want to be employed as such. I've googled a little this morning & have come across WWOOF & WORKING AWAY which might provide the type of opportunities we're looking for but I was thinking that 'Passion France' & similar bodies might offer some sort of work opportunities on arrival if we just ask to be involved - I suppose it's the sort of thing that we will only know once we arrive & suss out the situation. Need a motorhome first of course!

Take care,

Dot

4. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Ratings:
    +12,090
    Dot

I think that if your home schooling then they will lean a lot just see and interacting with others of different languages, races etc. Yes getting them to work with others would be good too but I also think that they will get more out of life if there enjoying themselves.

David

• Like it Like it x 1