91.2 KB · Views: 11
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I too was in the pet trade for 11 years and would like to add my vote for Arden Grange. Wouldn't feed Jessie anything else - it works for us. I feed my cats on Royal Canin (another premium food). Quality premiums will have additives to stop struvite crystals forming in the bladder, so feeding a modern dry food is fine providing your animals have access to water. There are a variety of very good premiums around now.

These premiums are made from proper meat, not beaks, claws etc. As others have said, cheaper foods often have loads of sugars and salts thrown in to make them palatable.

Cheaper foods will have a much higher cereal content. Cereals are fillers, there to keep the cost of the food down and offering little in the way of nutritional value. The higher the cereal content, the more you have to feed.

Don't get too hung up over protein levels - you must bear in mind that they are only a percentage of the recommended feeding guideline. For example, 25% of 100g is lower than 20% of 150g.

It boils down to "you pays your money and you takes your choice". You do get what you pay for. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cumbrian_Georgie

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nice one :thumb:

we've added to the gang.. a pal for Mylo ... a Cairn Terrier called Bella :Smile:

Bella is seriously cute.:Smile:

Link Removed

Our Mylo, aged 14, a little deaf and blind.

Link Removed

Max, Fox Terrier crossed with a house brick! The most anti-social dog you'd never wish to meet!:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back