Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just catching up on some threads...

@Jim... as of what we spoke some time ago...

If you want to borrow my digger for a couple of weeks before I start on sorting out some drainage in the corner of our field.

You are more than welcome..

The only problem is.... is getting it to you.... it weighs approx 4 ton`s (But with all the muck under it and caught up in the tracks, more like 5 tons.. :RollEyes:)

It has a four and a half foot trench bucket and a 1 foot trenching bucket...

Would take you about a day to dig out all the trenches you will need...

Shout if you want it... (y)

And if you get good at using it you can come and do mine... :wink:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We bought the Kitchen and bathrooms from Wickes and used there fitters/builders they were excellent as well

The quality of the cabinets is good but the fitting price is ridiculous. Here in Ipswich it's usually about the same price as the kitchen.
I have done three wicks kitchens in the last couple of years and fitted them for a third of wicks price and considered myself well paid.
Get their kitchens but get it fitted by an independent fitter.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
The quality of the cabinets is good but the fitting price is ridiculous. Here in Ipswich it's usually about the same price as the kitchen.
I have done three wicks kitchens in the last couple of years and fitted them for a third of wicks price and considered myself well paid.
Get their kitchens but get it fitted by an independent fitter.

I tried to get builders but was let down by no shows We got walls knocked down, rads moved every ceiling replastered a new doorway from the bedroom to make an unsuite kitchen and 2 bathrooms refitted all new lighting and flooring form the front door to the kitchen and dining room and electric checked and new consumer unit if you could do all that for a third of the price i paid i am sorry i never met you before it was less than the price of the units by the way

Neil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Has anybody got back to you yet Jim, I`m out your way on Tuesday we just done a toilet block refurb on a caravan site near you . I will call and see you if you want me to (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
@Jim Mmmm!...

Just seen this thread...

You may... or may not know... my trials n’ tribs are almost over... but will stick around (in UK) until April (1st MOT on Moho)

Btw... I’m @ianthebuilder ’s distant relative... but older... :rofl:

And not far away....

Can do pretty much anything...

Some examples of what I installed and left behind .... and that was just the kitchen...

Soooo...

before
ext_b4.jpg

after
ext_after.jpg

before
rear_b4.jpg

after - floor to finish tho
rear_after.jpg

before
window_out.jpg

in between
window_out1.jpg

after
bi_fold_in.jpg

old still there new kitchen to right
existing_and new.jpg

Gives a general idea of stuff

PS... all my own work :)

Last edited:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Oh! here's one with the flooring almost done too... Cardean

Floor.jpg

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Digging ditches, lining them with stone and the inserting a perforated pipe. The theory is that the field will be drier. It needs to be a lot drier, it’s a swamp (literally)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_drain
Pea gravel is best to surround perforated pipe mate, and don’t go too deep, it won’t drain, especially if you have any clay under the sub soil, minimum depth you can get away with is best!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I tried to get builders but was let down by no shows We got walls knocked down, rads moved every ceiling replastered a new doorway from the bedroom to make an unsuite kitchen and 2 bathrooms refitted all new lighting and flooring form the front door to the kitchen and dining room and electric checked and new consumer unit if you could do all that for a third of the price i paid i am sorry i never met you before it was less than the price of the units by the way

Neil

Sounds like you did alright, but I can only go on what they told me Wicks wanted, and what I charged. One of the wife's clients had one fitted and it was over £6,000 for the kitchen and a similar price for the fitting.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We need a complete rewire. a completely new boiler and central heating system, two bathrooms and a kitchen to fit after knocking various walls down. dreading it :D

That's about a week's work for @old-mo.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Good luck with it all. It will be worth it in the end. (y)

helvic

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
sutton on sea
Funster No
MH
Hymer mtl580
Exp
since 1986
contact p&l landscaping for all aspects of ground works 01507 440256 mobile 07966039348
he lives on the corner of brickyard lane the other end of crabtree lane towards sutton
he has done all the groundworks and drives around sutton and has a great reputation
(has just finished my drive)
regards steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back