Woohoo! New motorhome! (and questions) (1 Viewer)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everyone,

The old Dethleffs is now living with a very nice family in Norfolk, where we're confident it will be well loved, and now we have our shiny new (well, 2008) Chausson Flash 03 (quickly nicknamed Gordon, of course :RollEyes:)

Compared with the 1994 van it's all new-like, with electrickery windows, keys you don't even have to stick in the door for unlocking, and a very mumsy chime on the dashboard to tell you it's very cold out so don't forget to put your vest on and a nice wooly before you leave the van. ::bigsmile:

Anyone any idea why the over cab mattress is in two sections that are different lengths, though? I understand that it's in two pieces to enable the bed to be lifted to give extra head room going in and out of the cab area, but why would one section be about 8 inches shorter than the other?

Also, there's a white plastic thing stuck to a wall prob by a previous owner, with a black spot that every now and then reads "OK". Seems to change like a colour change thermometer. Chap we bought it from had no idea what it did. Any suggestions?

Steve :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi everyone,

The old Dethleffs is now living with a very nice family in Norfolk, where we're confident it will be well loved, and now we have our shiny new (well, 2008) Chausson Flash 03 (quickly nicknamed Gordon, of course :RollEyes:)

Compared with the 1994 van it's all new-like, with electrickery windows, keys you don't even have to stick in the door for unlocking, and a very mumsy chime on the dashboard to tell you it's very cold out so don't forget to put your vest on and a nice wooly before you leave the van. ::bigsmile:

Anyone any idea why the over cab mattress is in two sections that are different lengths, though? I understand that it's in two pieces to enable the bed to be lifted to give extra head room going in and out of the cab area, but why would one section be about 8 inches shorter than the other?

Also, there's a white plastic thing stuck to a wall prob by a previous owner, with a black spot that every now and then reads "OK". Seems to change like a colour change thermometer. Chap we bought it from had no idea what it did. Any suggestions?

Congratulations.. you sound very chuffed :Cool:

no idea about the mattress length .. sounds a bit odd

the thingy on the wall, have you got a picture.. ?

could it be a humidity .. or damp monitor .. ?

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Ok, just popped out and taken a snap of the thingy. As you can see, it's currently showing the "OK". As it's a bit nippy, I'm wondering if it is actually a thermometer, but one that says it's ok when below a certain termperature? Can't think why anyone would want one in a motorhome though...

Attachments

• OK thingy.jpg
    OK thingy.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
could be a carbon monoxide monitor , there is something similar in the flats i look after

Yeah, I thought that, but surely it should say "OK" permanently? This doesn't, even when the gas isn't on.

Steve

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Is it anything to do with the fridge? Most fridges i've seen in France have something similar on the inside which tells you that the temp is ok.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Hi everyone,

Pic:)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi everyone,

on my swift the overcab bed is two part
the furthest away from the steps
is full length
the one you clamber over
is short at both ends and is made up with
two infill cushions one at each end

cant see a reason unless its to stop damage over the longterm

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Is it a Teleporter?

Maybe a self destruct button,

Don't push it.

Nice van though.

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
If it's to check the temp of the fridge, I don't understand why it's on a wall outside it!

Looks like some small print above and below the OK, so I'll have to get the magnifying glass out and see if I can decipher it.

Like the idea of a teleporter... :roflmto:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If it's to check the temp of the fridge, I don't understand why it's on a wall outside it!

Looks like some small print above and below the OK, so I'll have to get the magnifying glass out and see if I can decipher it.

Like the idea of a teleporter... :roflmto:

Just think how much diesel you will save :winky: Is it magnetic ?Towel holder etc
terry

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Just think how much diesel you will save :winky: Is it magnetic ?Towel holder etc
terry

Nope, not magnetic, and you can't poke a tea towel into it or hang it from it. It's on the side panel about head height, above the sink.

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Ok, I've now found some pics online of fridge thermometers and they look very similar to my thingy:
Coldzone-Fridge-Thermometer-hanging-.jpg

I'm still perplexed as to why it's where it is though. It seems pretty well stuck onto the wall, too.

Weird. :Confused:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Ok, I've now found some pics online of fridge thermometers and they look very similar to my thingy:
Coldzone-Fridge-Thermometer-hanging-.jpg

I'm still perplexed as to why it's where it is though. It seems pretty well stuck onto the wall, too.

Weird. :Confused:

Maybe the original owner was an Eskimo, who justed wanted to feel at home.....:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back