Woohoo, got one! (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
PVC conversion
Exp
30+ years
Must be my lucky day, got my V5 back with 'Motor caravan' body type! Had to add more graphics than I wanted (but pleased with result anyway). Sent 22 photos in, with description on the back and labels on the front showing exact wording of DVLA requirements i.e. 'motor caravan style graphics' etc. Put a simple awning rail on and attached a 'sun canopy' to it. Think the Seitz windows must also have a bearing on their decision? Hey presto, just over a week later, V5 came back with Motor caravan classification.

Attachments

• IMAG1278_3.jpg
    IMAG1278_3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG1277_2.jpg
    IMAG1277_2.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 217
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Well done, I am surprised they did not insist on full awning but I think you are right, caravan style windows and decals works, my Autotrail style windows which they must think look like a bus, failed the test. Amazing you got it back in a week, they must be getting back into their offices now.
Great news, nows the time to get out in it.👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tarn2
Apr 8, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
PVC conversion
Exp
30+ years
Thanks folks, heading for the Lakes this weekend! Been a long time converting and already used it a few times (less than I would have due to a number of cancellations this year) and can't wait to got on the road (or better still, off the road!)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It looks a really tidy van, love the front decal. Just ordered my Avatar in Decal Vinyl from Alvinlee01 so look out for me.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
What day if the week did you submit it?!!!

Cannot see the awning rail?

Did the sun canopy stay in whilst you applied?

Cheers James

OP
OP
Tarn2
Apr 8, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
PVC conversion
Exp
30+ years
Posted it Monday 7th September, got it back Tuesday 15th (fast or what, my flabber was well and truly gasted!). The photo of the awning rail I sent to them is attached. I attached the joining canvas strip from our driveaway awning to it and supported it on two poles with guylines to form a canopy. Nothing fancy, couldn't afford proper awning on top of everything else, but do plan on adding one at some point.

Attachments

• DSC01969 (1).JPG
    DSC01969 (1).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 61

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread