Woody goes back to Travelworld (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Well after a few outings in Woody, we have discovered a few little problems with it. I contacted Jim at TW and he has booked us in for tomorrow (3rd January) to get them sorted out. So far Jim has sent me a replacement charger as the original had failed, which I installed, so I am happy with that.
During its stay at TW it will have a new drivers side windscreen fitted, Jim is going to investigate several problems that include bad starting and copious amounts of smoke (as witnessed by the gathered crowd at the New Years meet), I suspect that there are one or more glow plugs in trouble. There is also a complete lack of power from the engine, sometimes on dual carriageways we are down to 35-40 MPH on a slight incline (turbo not working?) and the brakes do not fully release (I have put a bungee round the pedal to make sure that they are off as a temporary measure :roflmto:), the radiator is losing coolant. The water heater pressure relief valve was dripping lots of water and after I gave it a pull it seems to be sealed, but I know it will just drip again soon :Eeek: The toilet needs a new blade seal, nice job that...... The grey tank decided to leak over the New Year period??? The temperature gauge never gets much out of the cold range (and the heater is not exactly hot....) so possibly a thermostat needed, and the left rear tyre keeps losing pressure (I had to buy some valve extenders from Linda to pump it up again), so all in all quite a list for Jim to go through.
I am certain that they will sort everything out as I have heard nothing but great reports about the after sales service (major reason we went to them and didn't buy privately) and so when we get Woody back it will be a superb coach, can't wait :thumb: as we have loads of trips organised for the coming months.
In saying all the above, we are absolutely thrilled with Woody, it is precisely what we were looking for and has exceeded our expectations so far, so once this remedial work is carried out, we will be on top of the world >:)
I will of course keep you informed of proceedings :thumb:

Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

Camperian

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Dorset - 6months, Spain - 6months
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Good to hear you are having your "minor" glitches sorted.

Do you think they could get a new windscreen Passenger side for my Fleetwood Southwind 1995, covered by insurance.

Ian
ps you have pm.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Let's hope your not without it too long Keith your drive will look awfully empty again.:winky:
I'm sure wen it's sorted you'll have lots good trips to come :thumb:
Good luck matey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Keith,

Hope you finally get Woody sorted.Sounds like they are going out of their way to rectify it.

Good Luck Mate.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Same goes here Keith.....its a cracking bus, once you get all those snags ironed out there'll be no stopping you :thumb:
Might be worth asking them to chuck in a decent sewer hose too :winky: :winky: :roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Quote Might be worth asking them to chuck in a decent sewer hose too Quote

Steady on Linda don't kick a chap when he's down.
He's had enough CRAP to put up with :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry mate could'nt resist it :thumb:

Sent you a pm Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Smashing bus:thumb:

Your on the way to getting things done then you'll be ready to roll in 2008:thumb:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks guys. We will be off to TW in a little while, so I hope they are ready for us >:)
Keep you informed of the situation, fingers crossed :thumb:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Fingers AND toes crossed Keith :ROFLMAO:

Good luck :winky:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks all
I have no doubt that Travelworld will sort everything out for us. They seem very professional and so far they have done everything they have promised (except clean out the coach YUK......). I am confident that we will get Woody back in good shape and look forward to putting some miles on it this year :thumb::thumb:
I'll keep you all informed of progress.....

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back