Woodside Field Anniversary Rally (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Quackers did you mention home brew perhaps Griff097 better bring a few more bottles as free samples for the rest of us. 😁🥳🥳🥳
John we are not talking bottles we are talking Kegs. Griff097 asked me to pop up to the CL and try some of the fine ale he had produced, wow really good stuff, not sure I left the field in a straight line. Really hope they can join us for the rally, lovely people and the ale was good too. ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Sugarnan and I have been working on entertainment ideas. We are planning a quiz, some form of lawn skittles and a film show(s). Of course any activity will depend on attendees interest or not, nothing is compulsory so don't worry if you prefer to be left alone.
Open to any ideas. Drinking and eating are a given!
Jan and I are free that weekend and talking to Quackers earlier some of you may be interested in my beer, I make it for myself and everyone that has tried it has been impressed, need to have a chat with Clivefog about an idea for the weekend, so put us down as coming please and we can sort out the details :)

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
No need to talk happy to go with whatever you are thinking of. If it involves beer whoo hoo!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
An early enquiry (its early for me)
I m still waiting to see what goes on re Europe and the next round of Green countries that wont be announced.
Starting to move to Plan F which would include (hopefully) the nights of 15th and 16th (and we would probably come earlier, because we know how nice it is)
I dont want to book per se at the moment, as ever hopeful of Europe, but I m going to have to make a decision shortly and it is looking increasingly like UK.

Could you let me know of the likelihood of spaces for the rally and the few days preceeding it ?
And if I get my act together by the end of the week I could do a couple of kegs of cider and drop them off and perhaps a few gallons of wine. I ve got all the stuff to make it, and just about enough time if I start it at the weekend

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello suavecarve I am sure Clive will find you room on the Rally but make a definite decision soon to avoid disappointment, the places are filling up. Shout Clivefog please add me and you will be sent payment info to join the rally. No problem with a few days prior however PM me as I currently have it blocked out on the website so I can get all the grass cut and everything prepared, you may have to move a few times or get eaten by the grass cutter.

This rally is shaping up to be a boozy Fun weekend.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Clivefog As per above, I didnt understand you were the man !

I ll be in contact in a couple of days at most, just trying to digest the news re Portugal and Europe today so trying to work on an itinerary for 28th June to be back home 17th July.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
No problem spaces still available. After grass cutting you may be asked to move again to fit in my parking plan.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
An early enquiry (its early for me)
I m still waiting to see what goes on re Europe and the next round of Green countries that wont be announced.
Starting to move to Plan F which would include (hopefully) the nights of 15th and 16th (and we would probably come earlier, because we know how nice it is)
I dont want to book per se at the moment, as ever hopeful of Europe, but I m going to have to make a decision shortly and it is looking increasingly like UK.

Could you let me know of the likelihood of spaces for the rally and the few days preceeding it ?
And if I get my act together by the end of the week I could do a couple of kegs of cider and drop them off and perhaps a few gallons of wine. I ve got all the stuff to make it, and just about enough time if I start it at the weekend
With a bribe like that there will definitely be room :rofl:

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
No problem spaces still available. After grass cutting you may be asked to move again to fit in my parking plan.
As you mentioned a parking plan, bear in mind to keep the kegs cool enough to serve and not foam we need to be within a hose pipe distance of the water taps, might need ice as well depending on the weather.

I just ordered a pile of equipment to be able to serve whilst we are away and need to get some more gear and another CO2 cylinder as well, it's all part of the challenge.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Decision has been made.
Cant see us getting over to France so can I take the first 2 nights ?
PM me with where and how I have to pay if that is in order
Cheers

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
I am delighted that, after 11 weeks! DVLA have finally pulled their fingers out and registered our (first ever) van! Collection is arranged for next Monday and we will be off first thing Tuesday morning to get the solar panel fitted. This meet will be our first long trip and our first ever rally so I suppose we will be the "new kids on the block" looking forward to the adventure!

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It's getting close and just a gentle reminder to pay please.

In order to have name badges made in time could you please let me know your names alongside your funster name like this -

Clivefog Clive and Phil​

No need if you already have badges of course.

Thank you

Clive

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It's getting close and just a gentle reminder to pay please.

In order to have name badges made in time could you please let me know your names alongside your funster name like this -

Clivefog Clive and Phil​

No need if you already have badges of course.

Thank you

Clive
Badges ? As in badges to wear with a safety pin ? If yes, then we dont have any, Jon and Paula
If Badges means a sign to go in the window, we have one of those.

I also didnt get chance to organise a brew of beer in time and it wont brew in time now.

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Any more names for badges?

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Rally brewing underway, first chance I have had, my version of Speckled Hen, an Ace of Spades London Porter and I have a Dark IPA ready to keg.
I just need to keep my hands off it until the rally 😂

Clivefog if there's any chance of being in the top left corner with a little shade from the trees and within a hose length of the taps to try and keep the kegs cool that would be ideal.

With this warm weather I don't know whether a water bath will be enough to get down to serving temperature or not.
Hoping so, going to ask on the brewing forum, normally serve from a converted fridge.<Broken link removed>

Last edited:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Clivefog & Griff097 in case you have failed to notice on previous outings here we have a trough and tap in the hedge row. We decided to leave the trough in the field as it was a quick access to large amounts of water should an emergency occur. We suffer from low water pressure here that is why we often places benches by the taps so guests can rest their weary legs whilst waiting.

We can easily empty the trough and fill it with cold clean water to keep the kegs cool if it helps?

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
That is my plan, fine by me. Parallel to the wood fence, facing East or West with hab door opening towards the fence so you will be facing uphill with a uk pavement side door, or like me down hill with the European offside door. two lines of 10/11 over towards the bee hives - Covid rules hab doors must not be facing - that's the plan Sugarnan will be enforcing it!

Beer sounds great, I'll put my self forward as chief taster!

Just read Quackers post may rethink things for you, we will work something out.

Last edited:

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Clivefog & Griff097 in case you have failed to notice on previous outings here we have a trough and tap in the hedge row. We decided to leave the trough in the field as it was a quick access to large amounts of water should an emergency occur. We suffer from low water pressure here that is why we often places benches by the taps so guests can rest their weary legs whilst waiting.

We can easily empty the trough and fill it with cold clean water to keep the kegs cool if it helps?
I've got a half barrel which is hopefully big enough to fit a couple of kegs in, this is an experiment and I hope it works out as I have spent a few quid to make it happen Lol

Is there anywhere nearby that would supply big bags of ice?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back