Woodside Field Anniversary Rally (1 Viewer)

Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
2011-2013 and 2020 until now
Something I wanted to mention as more people than usual may be popping by the camper to try the ales and say hello, is our lovely Staffordshire Terrior.
Like a lot of Staffies.they are people dogs, love a fuss and affection, but as she has got older especially, she is not good around other dogs, very grumpy and snappy so we do our best to keep our distance to keep her calm.
If we could bear that in mind it would be Grateley appreciated ❤️
As I’ve got older I too have got more grumpy and snappy i empathise and I’m sure we’ll get on we’ll. don’t tell andrew though he thinks it’s all his fault 😂😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
As I’ve got older I too have got more grumpy and snappy i empathise and I’m sure we’ll get on we’ll. don’t tell andrew though he thinks it’s all his fault 😂😂😂
And I don't do mornings very well..... So apolgise in advance if I am grumpy too, netski.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Ok, we cannot let it go by, I will bring cake!
Not sure whether Friday or Saturday at the moment.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
An excellent few days at the Quackers extremely well manicured field. In the hot weather I do think we needed a duck pond to cool off although the shades trees did quite well. Thanks to all who scurried away behind the scenes to organise us. I’m now putting my liver into recovery after all that beer.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Many thanks
To hosts Brian and Helen for providing this lovely, peaceful site.

To all volunteer (press ganged 😁) funsters also, for a brilliant job organising,and entertain all.

The weather was very kind to us, all the better🌞
Thanks to all funsters for their company hopefully we can meet again in a field somewhere. A brilliant few days chillaxing👌
Safe travels when on the move again all
IMG_20210719_064404.jpg

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Home safe and sound, thanks to all for the planning, organising and CAKE, a lovely weekend. I was privileged to meet some wonderful kind and interesting people
Thanks to the lads for fixing my leak, I have been fixing it worser for nearly 2 years you are all stars and I am ever so grateful. Back to the reality of having to work for a living tomorrow but the smiles you have created will get m through THANK YOU

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It was my first time as a Funster Marshall, and I must add I could not have done it without my deputy, thanks Sally Ann.
Thank you for being a great bunch, old hands mucking in with a few first timers, a few problems a spanner here and multi meter there all sorted. Not to forget the great gas mystery why did both gauges show empty?
I did organise the weather, perhaps not so hot next time!
Thanks to Brian and Helen for all their help and the eggs.
Thanks for the charity donations, I'll post up the final amount once I know.
All in all a Fun weekend with some entertainment, great beer (thanks Griff), and the best group of people you could hope for. I may even do it again.

Thank you all again, Clive & Sally Ann.

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Echoing all the above comments and sentiment, it was a lovely peaceful weekend and nice to meet some new faces.
Thanks to all who made it happen, currently sheltering from the heat in the George and Pilgrim, Glastonbury with a a lovely cool Mena Dhu stout, its such a stunning pint it is definitely one I need to clone, might have to get another one for research purposes 😂

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Thank you to Clive and Sally for organising a lovely relaxed meet. The eggs are delicious Quackers.

Special thanks to the locksmith and his assistant, who fixed my locks. The key works and the lock locks. If you see what I mean.

My granddaughter had a lovely time, and really enjoyed spending time with you all. And the tyre swing in the woods.

I will be back in August for the next one.

Oh, and fabulous cake!!

Thanks

Karen and Alyssa

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It was lovely to meet you and your beautiful grandaughter is a credit to you. Xx

Thank you to Clive and Sally for organising a lovely relaxed meet. The eggs are delicious Quackers.

Special thanks to the locksmith and his assistant, who fixed my locks. The key works and the lock locks. If you see what I mean.

My granddaughter had a lovely time, and really enjoyed spending time with you all. And the tyre swing in the woods.

I will be back in August for the next one.

Oh, and fabulous cake!!

Thanks

Karen and Alyssa

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Echoing all the above comments and sentiment, it was a lovely peaceful weekend and nice to meet some new faces.
Thanks to all who made it happen, currently sheltering from the heat in the George and Pilgrim, Glastonbury with a a lovely cool Mena Dhu stout, its such a stunning pint it is definitely one I need to clone, might have to get another one for research purposes 😂
Talking about reasearch, with the temperature rising and some requests for cider, more avid research was called for in the afternoon and a few attempts will be in the pipeline shortly as promised to Mrs Quakers, thanks both and the eggs are stunning 😏

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
So, here goes the Oscar level list of thank you's from us Quackers :LOL:

Thank you to Clive & Sallyanne for organising
Thanks to all those who helped Bri set up / take down
A really big thank you to Griff097 for the beer - sorry we drank you dry
Thanks to Annie & Sallyanne for the cake
The breakfast gang
Thank you to all gas engineers, locksmiths, plumbers and general fixers who generously spent time helping others
Thanks to all those who donated to the Air Ambulance - Clive will let you have the total shortly
Thank you for leaving the site so clean and tidy - we really appreciate it.

Thank you all for being such a lovely bunch of funsters - we've really enjoyed having you all here
We hope you really enjoyed your stay and we will see you again on your travels.
Here's to the August rally :smiley: with plenty of:sun:but maybe not quite so hot!!

Last edited:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Talking about reasearch, with the temperature rising and some requests for cider, more avid research was called for in the afternoon and a few attempts will be in the pipeline shortly as promised to Mrs Quakers, thanks both and the eggs are stunning 😏
You're very welcome to the eggs & mrs QUACKERS is looking forward to the cider all ready :tounge:

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Update -

The total raised for the Great Western Air Ambulance charity was DRUM ROLL

£314.35

I would like to thank all of you for your support and a special thank you to the anonymous Funster who added a large contribution.

I'll post up the payment receipt in due course.

Thanks again,

Clive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back