Woodpeckers in the Garden (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
I have two regular visitors to the Garden, top one is the female and the bottom one is the male.
Quality isn't great as its taken through two double glazed windows.

1-P1020235.JPG
1-P1020295.JPG

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We've got two pairs come to visit our Peanut feeders on a daily basis. One pair definately had a youngster this year, we had the pleasure of watching them feeding it.

Had one of the Red Kites landed briefly on the lawn the other week, I'd hoped he'd got the pesky mole but alas it appears not! The Kites and the the Buzzards are truely magnificent to watch when they glide gracefully over the garden.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When I was stationed in Germany we had woodpeckers in the woods at the back of our accommodation block. I was surprised how loud they are not having seen or heard them before.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Couple of years ago had a sparrow hawk attack a load of sparrows on our bird table they escaped into a nearby hedge watched him trying to stretch into the hedge after them

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have one visits occasionally but had a family that returned year after year in my parents garden sadly the people that bought the house ripped down all the trees hedges reduced the house from 4 bedrooms to 2 and turned the garden into a car carpark,

no accounting for taste,

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have one visits occasionally but had a family that returned year after year in my parents garden sadly the people that bought the house ripped down all the trees hedges reduced the house from 4 bedrooms to 2 and turned the garden into a car carpark,

no accounting for taste,

Thats terrible, no wonder a lot of birds have seriously decreased in numbers over the years.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
We have a permanent family of them and saw a youngster being fed by one of the parents. Lovely to watch. We also have 4 red squirrels and lots of other furry and feathered friends. a few years ago a red squirrel fell in our open window and hubby was amazed at itā€™s weight when he picked it up. We used to have a family of stoats play on the lawn regularly and I sent photos to David Attenborough as he did his programme ā€œStoats in the prioryā€. I got a lovely hand written thank you letter from him which I still have and he also returned my photos (pre digital age). He said it was unusual to capture a whole family at one time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back