Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
We went to wood hill park last year it's on the cliffs and between Cromer and Sheringham .Cromer is a bit of a dump so Sheringham would be my choice,you've also got the steam trains running from there.If the weathers good there's a nice costal walk from the site into town. There's enough to do for a day or too on foot,nice museum type old lifeboat station and just round the corner a gallery of shell sculpture things by some bloke I can't remember who,but impressive and well worth a look.
The local pub is a 5 min walk out the site and to the left great no frills country grub, it's the first pub you come too the second ones not much cop all the locals frequent the first.

Have a good weekend . Vlad .

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Forgot to mention there's a bus stop right outside the site goes either direction up or down the coast ,

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
...Cromer is a bit of a dump ....

Cromer is renowned for it's locally caught crabs, which are landed on the beach in an interesting manner: purchase them from little fishermen's cottages in town.
It has a lovely pier, with theatre at the end, along with RNLI station.
The large clean church in the centre of the town is adjacent to a local museum which, naturally, focuses on the sea and local area.
There are a number of local shops, including a Jarrolds (major retailer in Norwich).
Sarah Jane's provides some of the best fish& chips around.
The gem shop is quite good if you are into that sort of thing, and they have a wharehouse outlet a copule of miles out of town.
There is, of course, the usual complement of Tesco, Morrison, Coop, Budgens, Lidl, Homebase, etc.

For a cup of tea/coffee with a good sea view and a choice of inside or outside (but protected) eating, try the Rocket House at the bottom of the Gangway.

"You should have gone to Cromer, my dear, if you went anywhere" Emma by Jane Austen.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sounds so nice when put like that, but if you go there you'll see the reality!
We went there for the day saw the pier ,and the church,didn't fancy Morrisons or Tescos after all we were on a weekend away,granted its good for killing a couple of hours if you get bored of Sherringham ,Wells,Holkham hall or the dunes at the beach .
I must agree cromer crabs are lovely as are crabs from other locations around the coast.
Then again this is just mine and my family's opinions and everyone's different.

Vlad

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Woodhill Park? We were there 3 or 4 years ago. Seem to remember that was the first super pitch we had, our own water and drainage, luxury, we could use as much as we liked without bothering about refilling the tank. Trouble is while we ate lunch we watched our son's tent being blown across the site along with a few awnings from other folk's caravans. We moved to Kelling Heath, their other site further inland as soon as we could pack up. That was another story, grass only pitches and the van had to be pushed off and we made one hell of a mess of their grass when we left. :LOL:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
we use to go there until they started to charge the silly prices for each dog £3.95 that is more than double what they charge per child a night

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Stayed there in July 2012. Seem to remember it was a bit of a soul less site. And expensive - £20 per night then. We waited AGES for the bus to Cromer, but enjoyed a cup of coffee at the Hotel de Paris on the front, and also the RNLI Museum was very interesting. Like many seaside towns it was full of charity shops and not much else but we did have crab sandwiches!

Go to nearby Blickling Hall, home of the Boleyn family - terrific National Trust property.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We went to wood hill park last year it's on the cliffs and between Cromer and Sheringham .Cromer is a bit of a dump so Sheringham would be my choice,you've also got the steam trains running from there.If the weathers good there's a nice costal walk from the site into town. There's enough to do for a day or too on foot,nice museum type old lifeboat station and just round the corner a gallery of shell sculpture things by some bloke I can't remember who,but impressive and well worth a look.
The local pub is a 5 min walk out the site and to the left great no frills country grub, it's the first pub you come too the second ones not much cop all the locals frequent the first.

Have a good weekend . Vlad .

Its a bit hard saying Cromers a dump, its lost in time ,but yes, Sheringham is better. If you have a chance, the North Norfolk coast is a beautiful place, Blakeney, Wells, and for a quirky treat go to Walsingham, a really strange shrine of a place for those religious ones among us, as for me, an atheist, a very strange place indeed.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back