Free Member
Jul 5, 2017
high wycombe
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi I'm rebuilding the garage on our motor home due to some bad rot ,can anyone help with where to buy the plywood panels that have polystyrene sandwiched between plywood and need some different thicknesses of it and want to get it sorted asap
Thanks carl

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

wrcpulsar

Free Member
Jul 5, 2017
high wycombe
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
any hwlp would be grateful ,just cant find were to buy this polystyrene sandwiched between ply wood

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We use something called Recticel Plylock for flat roofing, it’s widely available from roofing merchants and online.
It sounds similar to what you’re looking for... although I’ve no idea if it’s suitable for your purpose.

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, I did the same on our previous Hobby 750, after loads of searching, I ended up buying thin ply from builders merchants and suitable polystyrene from insulation merchants and bonded with suitable adhesive, has to be the right stuff or it will melt the insulation, worked really well and was very rigid. Sorry I can't give exact details of insulation used, but we are in Portugal at the moment and don't have the details. If any help, the insulation sheets were pink in colour. Mr Google should be able to help.
Good luck with your repairs.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you need to use celotex or similar urethane insulation board. ideally then use vohriger lightweight ply to match the original. celotex is available in various thicknesses at a builders merchants. o'learys stock the ply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back