Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Head Office requires a shelf, can any kind person point me towards a suitable source of wood so it matches what or near Auto Trail supplied ?

Terry S

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
2002 Autotrail Scout Merc
Exp
2 years
I have a 2002 Autotrail Scout with beech woodwork.
I disconnected the rear speakers from the rear lounge and put a new radio in the rear lounge fitted into the wall of the wardbobe. The rear radio now uses the speakers in the lounge and I have fitted a television bracket above the radio.
Ive boxed the radio and electrics in using thin plywood covered with beech effect plastic roll of sticky backed vinyl obtained from B and Q like the old Fablon. It looks as though it has always been there. I then put additional speaker pods above the cab and held to the carpet with vinyl. It is plainly daft having the speakers in the rear of the habitation from the cab especially as you can't use the radio in thee habitation without ignition on!

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Previous endeavours finding 'Matching' wood types for an additional shelf [not really on show] resulted in me going to Wilkinson DIY High St shops for some 'fablon self adhesive' roll.....they do quite a range of 'Wood' finish rolls.....Not perfect but !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
You could take a cupboard door off or anything else removable and go down the local DIY store to try and match.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back