Apr 6, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
having problems with mt 9 year old dome supplied by road pro
when trying to locate a satellite the dish just keeps going round & round trying to locate the sat ,i took the lid off & found that the elevation was not going up & down so altered it manual up & down ,this seemed to wake up the dish as it quickly found Astra each time i selected it
it seemed that somehow i had fixed it however after changing location the same fault returned with the elevation stuck in the one position
any ideas on how to repair the dish?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The Camos dome does a start up routine that includes dipping the elevation to minimum to establish a zero position via a microswitch. If the switch has failed or is not being activated the dme doesn't know its relative elevation. My first check would be the "minimum elevation microswitch" and its activation. Give Roapro a call, their tech dept are usually quite helpful.

D.

OP
OP
P

patmyhead

Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
i called roadpro not much help though ,they said it was an old system & camos dont do domes anymore also could be a few things that could be faulty then cut me off !!!!!!!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you send the "suspected" faulty limit switch back to Van Bitz, attention "Nick Johnson" he will match the switch from stock and send it back to you with a new replacement, and the invoice.

Install the new switch and test the system. If it works phone up and pay the invoice, if it doesn't simply send the new switch back and nothing is lost except the cost of the postage of the switch back to Van Bitz if it doesn't cure the probelm.

I'll tell Nick to look out for it in the mail

Regards

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
That's a very generous offer Ed but we haven't established if the switch is the prime suspect yet. To the OP, did you check the microswitch inside the dome?

D.

OP
OP
P

patmyhead

Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
i thought that had replied to this post but its not there
what does the senser switch look like
i have had the lid of again today there is a small switch with a push down metal strip would this be the switch to replace

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back