Rally Chat Wonderful Bodiam railway meet. (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I think this is the most enjoyable Funster meet I have been to in 11 years of membership. The venue was lovely, with its own quality cafe restaurant, the welcome was fullsome, the funsters were friendly and sociable, the steam railway rides very enjoyable. Friday evening saw a cider tasting laid on by the farmer, Saturday night's quiz was both friendly and in some instances demanding (we won it!) and the raffle raised a goodly sum for the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance. Well done and thank you peterc10 and Angela along with all the helpers. Hope for a repeat next year, we'll be there!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
neither did I ! mines on the rally thread :)
Mine also, but such a good meet it deserves saying again ...

"We had an uneventful journey home and we are now safely back at base.

A huge thank you to our three pairs of marshals over the weekend who all did a fine job :clap2: but particularly to Peter & Angela for finding such a spectacular venue and arranging the wonderful weather :sun:, along with the enormous amount of preparatory work beforehand. (y)

It was great to meet up with so many Funster friends, old and new .... and would add my very grateful thanks to all those who gave help and support after I hurt myself tripping over Peter's man trap.:cheers:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I didn't even know about it!! :(

How are you all managing to keep up with the numerous rallies? Do you have a system, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thank you so much Peter and Angela for all the time and effort you put in to planning this fantastic rally. You were great hosts.
Thanks also for giving Nelson some respite from the puppy on Saturday:D2
Thanks also to Helen, Alan and Nev for all the support you gave and your terrific marshalling
A really good venue and the food at the Castle pub was great ;)

Hope to see you again soon

Catherine, John (& Nelson)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just to let you know that this Rally produced a surplus of £491.35, including the proceeds from the raffle as well some further donations. I have paid that amount to the Air Ambulance today and I will post a copy of the certificate they will send me on the main thread when I receive it.

Angela and I like would like to thank you all for your generosity that made this possible, and I also pass on the thanks from the Air Ambulance that I got on your behalf today. We would also like to thank you all for the nice comments you have made about the rally both on site and subsequently on the forums.

Finally we would also like to express our special thanks to our helpers, Helen, Alan, Nev and Sandra. Without all their hard work we could not have done it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back