sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
An idea seems to be catching on in Germany. Restaurants with car parks are offering take-away's with a twist. You book a meal and arrive in the car park at say 18:30, from say 19:00 in your motor home, they deliver courses sequentially to your van on proper plates with their cutlery. Wine etc of course. Then you can stay overnight. In the morning some offer take away breakfast the same way.
Some examples

Caravan-Dinner Ā· Hildebrandts Hotel (hildebrandts-hotel.de)
Moin im Walsumer Hof
<Broken link removed>
Wohnmobildinner (zum-meierhof.de)

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
Sallylillian has given me much food for thought (pardon the unintentional pun). WOMO dinners are a great idea, but as all of us in motorhomes have all the requisite crockery and cutlery, couldn't the restaurants use recyclable containers to serve the food and this may be one way to operate as a takeaway and not fall foul of the tier 3 covid-19 restrictions? It looks as though the proposed restrictions may be in place for the next four months.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I've been following this on a German Facebook Group. As far as I understand it, though, there's a ban on staying overnight away from home in Germany at present, so diners can't overnight after eating. šŸ™

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
Brilliant idea...šŸ‘.

Never catch on here šŸ˜ž

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
local chip shop does it for me I phone park outside they deliver to the pavement fish and chips lots of vinegar. With the traditional crockery of paper and fingers yummy .

1606165278973.png

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I've been following this on a German Facebook Group. As far as I understand it, though, there's a ban on staying overnight away from home in Germany at present, so diners can't overnight after eating. šŸ™

Can;t you leave after dinner at 0300, go for a pee and arrive at the head of the queue for breakfast at 0305?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sallylillian has given me much food for thought (pardon the unintentional pun). WOMO dinners are a great idea, but as all of us in motorhomes have all the requisite crockery and cutlery, couldn't the restaurants use recyclable containers to serve the food and this may be one way to operate as a takeaway and not fall foul of the tier 3 covid-19 restrictions? It looks as though the proposed restrictions may be in place for the next four months.
I could be wrong but don't the tier 3 rules also include a restriction on unecessary travel and I'm not sure staying overnight in the MH as you're going to drink too much to drive would count!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back