Women are so unreasonable :-) (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Last night I bought one of the satellite systems Tonka mentioned on here and started putting it together in the living room. Because neither the box it came in or the satellite finder had a patch lead to connect the satellite finder to the box I had to leave it until today, which my wife says is unreasonable...

In a similar vein, is there a quick way of setting these up on sites, as I can't believe people go through the same procedure every time they stop?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I used to, thats why i bought one of the fold up ones from Maplin, I already had the LNB and the 12/240 sat box, now it all folds up together with the LNB and wire in place and fits in its own case, to put it up takes '4' clicks/movements, and no sharp edges like was on my old satelite dish.

Your wife probably wouldnt like me either as last night i was putting together the new lawnmower in the living room and there it stayed till i used it today.

maggie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Although I have a dome on my RV , I carry a tripod and larger dish with me for when signal is blocked on pitch or in Spain, for this I have an app on my i phone called EasySat which finds the satellite in no time :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have never done things like that since I was a boy and my Mum came home to find my motorbike engine in bits on the kitchen table (I had put a bit of newspaper on there first) it was the middle of winter where did she expect me to do it:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I love to people watch setting up

I love to people watch people setting up on site... JIM is another that likes to do that and lend useful advise like.. is it not time you started to park down again... this being a Thursday and we leave Monday, so he is like me in a way.. people watch.. and watching someone setting a caravan up or even better getting on to blocks and best of all is watching someone setting up a satellite on site.. I have seen them clipping them to ladders and putting them on tripods,... then out comes the direction finder or the phone app... just love it.

Me I just turn it on and it does the job all by it's self... I do not park where the trees are so I know I will get a signal.

Bob

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Bob what on earth do you find to watch in the hundreds of channels of rubbish:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sky mk4 mini dish on a camera tripod.......fits straight in the belly locker fully intact :thumb:

usually takes 5 mins from taking out the locker to watching TV....except at Edan camp....that took an hour :Blush:

but i reckon the large electric sub-station next door to my pitch was playing hell with my compass readings:Doh:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bob what on earth do you find to watch in the hundreds of channels of rubbish:ROFLMAO:

You're missing the point. The object of all this activity is to get a satellite signal. Once you've achieved that you can turn off the TV for the rest of your stay because there won't be anything worth watching. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back