Woman injured as motorhome crashes into shop (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A WOMAN was injured after a motorhome went out of control and crashed into a menswear shop in Banbury High Street yesterday.
3018255.jpg

Staff at Henry’s spoke of their shock after the Peugeot van smashed into their shopfront at about 10.45am.

David Rutland, a manager at the store, said: “I was in the shop about 15ft away when I heard a loud bang and saw the front window completely caved in with the van wedged underneath.

“Luckily, the van missed a main supporting pillar otherwise it could have brought the building down. The trousers and jackets in the window have all been damaged and we don’t know yet how much the repairs will cost.

“The shop front can be replaced – we hope the woman has not been seriously hurt.”

Police spokeswoman Hannah Williams said the woman was injured after the van mounted the pavement.

She added: “The woman was treated for minor injuries by paramedics.”

Ms Williams said the High Street was closed while the accident was being investigated, but that no one had been arrested.
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yo...Woman_injured_as_motorhome_crashes_into_shop/

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
“Luckily, the van missed a main supporting pillar otherwise it could have brought the building down. [HI]The trousers and jackets in the window have all been damaged[/HI] and we don’t know yet how much the repairs will cost.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yo...Woman_injured_as_motorhome_crashes_into_shop/

I expect the trousers he was wearing were damaged too :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I heard some trousers were marked as,"M&S".... Glad everybody came away safe.
Tea Bag

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
looking at it, looks like a crap bloody German built to me....

Not surpising, probably fell to bits when it hit a pot hole, not like a Brit van...:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Easily done really.

As a man, imagine if you had to juggle hair and nail appointments with the rest of your life.

Add in driving something with 3 pedals when you only have 2 feet.

Recipe for disaster.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Easily done really.

As a man, imagine if you had to juggle hair and nail appointments with the rest of your life.

Add in driving something with 3 pedals when you only have 2 feet.

Recipe for disaster.

Very judgemental.

It doesn't say anywhere that the van was being driven by the woman, only that a woman was injured. She may have been a pedestrian who happened to be nearby when the incident happened.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
[HI]Very judgemental.
[/HI]

It doesn't say anywhere that the van was being driven by the woman, only that a woman was injured. She may have been a pedestrian who happened to be nearby when the incident happened.

I was joking actually.::bigsmile:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I think it could have been Old Mo in drag trying to do a ram raid :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
someone ram raided our local Lidl last week talking most of the stock the manager reported the total could run into a hundred pounds:ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Could be a golden opportunity-- who was looking for a engine the other week :winky:
terry

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
A WOMAN was injured after a motorhome went out of control and crashed into a menswear shop in Banbury High Street yesterday.
3018255.jpg

Staff at Henry’s spoke of their shock after the Peugeot van smashed into their shopfront at about 10.45am.

David Rutland, a manager at the store, said: “I was in the shop about 15ft away when I heard a loud bang and saw the front window completely caved in with the van wedged underneath.

“Luckily, the van missed a main supporting pillar otherwise it could have brought the building down. The trousers and jackets in the window have all been damaged and we don’t know yet how much the repairs will cost.

“The shop front can be replaced – we hope the woman has not been seriously hurt.”

Police spokeswoman Hannah Williams said the woman was injured after the van mounted the pavement.

She added: “The woman was treated for minor injuries by paramedics.”

Ms Williams said the High Street was closed while the accident was being investigated, but that no one had been arrested.

It's only about four doors from Wetherspoons new Drive in?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still pleased she wasn't hurt (Own Up Sandra is this the new van):whatthe:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
"Are you all right madam???"

"Yes thank you, just a bit shaken.......er, do you have hook up?"

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
In an atempt to get shoppers back on the high street and away from retail parks they are now offering would be shoppers the chance to look in the windows without leaving their vehicles. on the occasion someone put a poll in the way.:Doh:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Will she get an "eddievanbitz would have fixed it for me if I hadn't cleared off" badge???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back