Wish we could do it more often!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are in France but only for a week as I still work - I own my own Nursery for children. I only have holiday in school holidays. We are in France now but just for a week. We have stayed at Neufchâtel en Brey, a little site in Mailleraye sur Seine and at moment we are at St Valery en Caux - facing the sea. It's still sunny and lovely and warm here, the time is 7.55pm. This is going to be one of my favourite Aires - thanks to you guys for recommending it. Cost 6€ per night but at moment only takes french credit cards and no cash. All our cards - plus Dutch Belgium and Spanish cards didn't work. A french guy paid our 6€ on his card and gave us the ticket and we paid him the 6€. I know some of you are going to say that we might have got away without paying but do you know - what's 6€ for a fantastic place? Not sure whether to stay here another night or move upwards towards the tunnel as we are booked for a return crossing on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks for your recommendations.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are in France but only for a week as I still work - I own my own Nursery for children. I only have holiday in school holidays. We are in France now but just for a week. We have stayed at Neufchâtel en Brey, a little site in Mailleraye sur Seine and at moment we are at St Valery en Caux - facing the sea. It's still sunny and lovely and warm here, the time is 7.55pm. This is going to be one of my favourite Aires - thanks to you guys for recommending it. Cost 6€ per night but at moment only takes french credit cards and no cash. All our cards - plus Dutch Belgium and Spanish cards didn't work. A french guy paid our 6€ on his card and gave us the ticket and we paid him the 6€. I know some of you are going to say that we might have got away without paying but do you know - what's 6€ for a fantastic place? Not sure whether to stay here another night or move upwards towards the tunnel as we are booked for a return crossing on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks for your recommendations.
Take it from me , you wouldn't of got away without a femail gendarme banging on your door.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
What a fantastic aire St Valery end Caux is. Thank you for suggesting it. The weather was absolutely perfect. Along the row were MHs from Holland, Belgium, Germany, us, Catalonia and French. Sitting in the sun in the evening the Dutch couple shared wonderful food with us all and the man from Catalonia played guitar and sang. He plays in Catalonia in concerts I think he said - he was very very good. What a perfect way to end a wonderful day on that aire. Definitely a favourite and will go there again. We saw a Notin Volga MH which neither of us have seen before. It looked good from the outside. Have any of you got opinions on it? Now we are at Tardinghen, a farm aire (completely different) so quiet (except birds singing) and beautiful views across the countryside. It's a "bug**r all" day today and enjoying it. Tomorrow our tunnel crossing isn't until 4.30 so was thinking of going to Cite Europe for an hour or so shopping. Only been there in a car before, I assume they have designated parking for MHs not wanting to stay overnight? Would appreciate if you could advise please.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
yes plenty of parking for motorhomes just follow the signs for the coach park

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Tardinghen's one of our favourite places to spend the night before getting on the tunnel. The local baker visits around 9am in the summer. Perfect!

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
C975C66B-9711-4C2C-B4EE-81F5BCD8BD90.jpeg
Here’s the St Valery aire tonight.

Otherwise not much to recommend it in my opinion. 40 vans crammed into tiny spaces. Very noisy, still, and it is after 11pm.

The machine which dispenses receipts for payment of 6 euros, “declined” all three of my credit cards, so maybe there’s a hint there. :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back