Wish us luck ! (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Good luck for next week, Charlie. We'll all be rooting for you (and here for you to share your frustrations with.)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
In the words of one of my old favourite songs "the darkest hour is just before dawn"

Sound like cause for cautious optimism, so fingers crossed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Best of luck next week, doesn't it say something though when first time buyers are coming in at £210K, might that be the root of the problem? or is that the cheapest property around you, like the sort of thing we would have looked at when starting out o_O

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
That is such good news and fingers crossed you are back on track. Look after yourself and I hope Mrs Charlie is coping better too .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Pleased to hear this fingered crossed next week will be better. (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The big problem has been the complete and utter zero communication from the party and the solicitor for that party all week.

All I can say is one person has one bloody hell of a lot to answer for !

Sounds like one I had where they assigned me a solicitor for a purchase who hadn't even returned from maternity leave. She then returned for 1 week & then took all her accrued holidays owing for................. 2 years .:mad: I never even saw the woman .

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sounds like one I had where they assigned me a solicitor for a purchase who hadn't even returned from maternity leave. She then returned for 1 week & then took all her accrued holidays owing for................. 2 years .:mad: I never even saw the woman .

I will explain what happened with.... Well let's say the handlers at the bottom of the chain later but for now it's better kept quiet..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hope it all goes well from here on in.

Don't reveal all until the deal is fully done just in case :)

We had three chains collapse before we sold our last house (England) and eventually sold to cash buyers (and they really were!) for full asking price and exchanged and completed on the same day. I had been diagnosed with a serious illness during the sale and been told to avoid stressful situations! If we ever move from here I would sell and move into a cheap sited static caravan whilst deciding what to do next.

Also I would always get the agent to show buyers round. Far too stressful to do it yourself and cope with some of the very nasty comments.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hope it all goes well from here on in.

Don't reveal all until the deal is fully done just in case :)

We had three chains collapse before we sold our last house (England) and eventually sold to cash buyers (and they really were!) for full asking price and exchanged and completed on the same day. I had been diagnosed with a serious illness during the sale and been told to avoid stressful situations! If we ever move from here I would sell and move into a cheap sited static caravan whilst deciding what to do next.

Also I would always get the agent to show buyers round. Far too stressful to do it yourself and cope with some of the very nasty comments.

Though I say it myself our house is exceptional.. I am and always have been pedantic ! A builder for 43 years and old school ! Our kitchen is 20X18 with every mod con and very expensively fitted out. Our lounge is 33X 15 and again well fitted with quality multi fuel burner . Every area is modern contemporary and immaculate.

Yet we have had people making ridiculous comments like you would not believe. Most rooms are neutral in colour so they say I want this or that wall pink or red... Err get and paint it then ?

Crazy crazy world !!

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
We wish you all the best Charlie hope to meet you one day to thank you for the good advice on cleaning and maintaining the Motorhome good luck
Mark and julie

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We wish you all the best Charlie hope to meet you one day to thank you for the good advice on cleaning and maintaining the Motorhome good luck
Mark and julie
(y)(y)

It would be wonderfull to meet you and any of the members here !! We are less than one year into motor homing and in time hope to make it to shows and meet up on sites here in the UK and in Europe..

Don't really understand what rallies are about but will look into that later when time allows (y)(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Yet we have had people making ridiculous comments like you would not believe.

Yep, we had one person say they didn't realise our house was a chapel conversion as they wanted a three bed semi (like he didn't have the details in his hands) and one couple came in and said "Oh, it's big" again as if they didn't know the sizes. Just excuses as to why they would not put in an offer of course. We even had one "expert" tell us that the wall ties would need to be replaced and I was very rude back when I pointed out there were no cavity walls the chapel being built well before anyone thought of cavity walls!

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Yep, we had one person say they didn't realise our house was a chapel conversion as they wanted a three bed semi (like he didn't have the details in his hands) and one couple came in and said "Oh, it's big" again as if they didn't know the sizes. Just excuses as to why they would not put in an offer of course. We even had one "expert" tell us that the wall ties would need to be replaced and I was very rude back when I pointed out there were no cavity walls the chapel being built well before anyone thought of cavity walls!

Mmmmm as above crazy... We have a very large drive which takes 6 cars with ease and the motor home. One chap complained it's to big !

Folk come round and wear poker faces mutter they want this or that then a day later make silly offers..

What a caper this game is !!!

I love converted chapels and historic buildings. I did my degree in the conservation of masonry at the Telford Colledge Edinburgh some years ago and was privileged to see inspect and get in depth with up the including the Roslyn Chapel.

Conserving and maintaining such structures is vital !

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Yet we have had people making ridiculous comments like you would not believe. Most rooms are neutral in colour so they say I want this or that wall pink or red... Err get and paint it then ?
Crazy crazy world !!

Yep, these are known as "insincere objections", people making excuses because they really have no intention of buying and perhaps have been forced into viewing something they can't afford (or are unready to buy) by rogue agents wanting to keep your property on their books.

We all have to believe that things happen for a reason, and it all comes good in the end, as I'm sure they will

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Good luck Charlie. The same thing happened to us the day of the exchange. Stupid woman went to the US and never signed. Left us in limbo , no contact details. ( seemingly she was known with the estate agents Richard Kendall's, for doing it ! Which made it worse . )
Thing is I was 35 weeks pregnant with twins and we already had a 22 month old. We were Living in a tiny ( one up one down converted cellar) 3 story 200 year old ONE bedroom railway cottage. Not ideal. Very , very stressful.
It all came right in the end. We ended up having the cottage in a bidding war. Making more than the asking price, and that was back in 1994. We made 6k more which was a lot then.
But it was very stressful. Being ready to pop with the twins at any time and no space to put them !
If i were you I'd sell up and put all the belongings in storage. Live in the camper on a local campsite till We found something.
Cash buyer , no chain , you'd get a better price too. Worth a thought.
My parents did the same thing ( move out and live in a rented static) at the age of 70. They had the pick of the market when they came to buy.

?

Deleted User
I love converted chapels and historic buildings. I did my degree in the conservation of masonry at the Telford Colledge Edinburgh some years ago and was privileged to see inspect and get in depth with up the including the Roslyn Chapel.

Bloody hell thats a name from the past. Grew up down the road (Granton) Sadly the college is long gone. They sold up for the land sale and moved into my old secondary school (Ainslie Park) and some years later that went like many others to form Edinburgh College.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Bloody hell thats a name from the past. Grew up down the road (Granton) Sadly the college is long gone. They sold up for the land sale and moved into my old secondary school (Ainslie Park) and some years later that went like many others to form Edinburgh College.
Small world. I grew up on Trinity Road, just a couple of doors up from where it joins Granton Road. Used to walk the dog in Starbank Park.

?

Deleted User
Small world. I grew up on Trinity Road, just a couple of doors up from where it joins Granton Road. Used to walk the dog in Starbank Park.
Only went there in the winter as the garden was great for the sledge. Went back when i became 18 for the Starbank Inn :D Funny as i have been that way a lot over the past month as my mum was in St Columbas on Baswall Road. Apart from more traffic the area has never changed much. It all does seem smaller but then we were kids back then.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Charlie I've noticed your posts you seem much more positive today!! That's great hope mrs Charlie feeling better too(y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
@Charlie I've noticed your posts you seem much more positive today!! That's great hope mrs Charlie feeling better too(y)

Thanks ! I must admit to feeling very down this last week.. But we must get hold of the situation and move forward or sink. Have just tried to chill this weekend and will start again fresh this coming week with the normal determination and get the thing sorted.

You are very kind like the majority of fine people on the forum. Thank you !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Knowing nothing can happen today, tomorrow or Monday could be a relief as you can go out, relax a bit and not be anxious that something is happening that you need to react to.

Perhaps tomorrow you could go out for lunch or afternoon tea somewhere nice - and just try to chill for an hour or two. Do you have somewhere local that is a special sort of place for you - I have places I go when things get fraught and aways come back feeling so much better - it might work for you.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks ! I must admit to feeling very down this last week.. But we must get hold of the situation and move forward or sink. Have just tried to chill this weekend and will start again fresh this coming week with the normal determination and get the thing sorted.

You are very kind like the majority of fine people on the forum. Thank you !
So glad for you. The forum is like a bunch of friends you would perhaps never meet but are always there. And I like that.
I've told my husband about your vast knowledge of waxing the van and he made me laugh the other day by 'saying what does this Charlie suggest I do about the van' so I could relay your advice ... I thank you too so when we get back from Melrose we will be busy!! I love to see those rain bubbles on the van.( yes I'm a little mad!):)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Right , Charlie none of the situation that was bestowed you was of your making, carry on the good conscientious fun loving devoted person you are. Good luck again just for safe measure.(y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Feeling utterly despondent here. No communication whatsoever. Not sure how much more of this we can take. The very thing that was supposed to help is having a massive detrimental effect. Felling completely lost ...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Feeling utterly despondent here. No communication whatsoever. Not sure how much more of this we can take. The very thing that was supposed to help is having a massive detrimental effect. Felling completely lost ...

Sorry to hear that mate as that is also the one thing that annoys me,lack of communication.Trouble is no one worries about the effect these delays & more so lack of info , can have on people.
Hopefully you will suddenly get good news out of the blue. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back