LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
Good Luck Charlie, after coming though all the challenges we wish you both lots of happiness in your new home (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Big move out today ! Have spent the last week carefully taking down things and filling and painting every tiny hole and making the house spik and span. I've cleaned every square inch of every room and cupboard. Even the garage has been done to the same standards. I must be mad ! I know some things I don't have to do but a lot of work went into the restoration of this house and I want it at its best for the new people..

Sometimes it's quite sad... Emotional even when leaving a house especially when we've taken the time and afford to make it our own. For some reason I'm not getting that this time all I feel is excitement at the prospect of getting the bungalow made as perfect as I can for my wife in the hope this really will be our last move.
When we moved last November we also cleaned every square inch of our old house. Three walls were completely repainted and it looked so good we thought we may not leave!

However, when we arrived at the new house, not only had it not been cleaned, the owners were sat at their dining room table eating lunch with no packing done at all!:eek:

A call from our Solicitor to theirs told them they were now squatting, as they no longer owned the property, and any additional charges that we incurred by the delay would have to be met by them.

After a five hour wait with our removal firm we gained access at 6pm with the house in one hell of a mess.

Good Luck!

With your history up to now you don't need any more hassle.

Enjoy your new property. We love ours.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
When we moved last November we also cleaned every square inch of our old house. Three walls were completely repainted and it looked so good we thought we may not leave!

However, when we arrived at the new house, not only had it not been cleaned, the owners were sat at their dining room table eating lunch with no packing done at all!:eek:

A call from our Solicitor to theirs told them they were now squatting, as they no longer owned the property, and any additional charges that we incurred by the delay would have to be met by them.

After a five hour wait with our removal firm we gained access at 6pm with the house in one hell of a mess.

Good Luck!

With your history up to now you don't need any more hassle.

Enjoy your new property. We love ours.:)
Sorry, I had to give you a 'funny' as there is no 'shocked' rating :eek: but how funny that anybody would think this was an OK thing to do!!!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hope it's all going well @Charlie .......
l_funny-greeting-card-new-home-fg18.jpg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Good luck & best wishes - hope you get the new place fettled & sorted without too much effort, then you can be off in the van:) x

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We're in !!!! Got the keys yesterday but not without one last twist..

Solicitors decided to have one last turn of the knife. Had a call to tell us the funds from the sale of our house were in. This was 11.00. Half an hour later I get another call to tell is the funds were short by wait for it ......... £100. This 100 quid was due to us as we agreed to leave roughly £400s worth of logs and bags of smokeless coal for the multi fuel berner. The hitch was due to someperson who should know better not being able to add up. I have to say I really did loose my temper !!

I just paid the 100 quid by card I will sort that out later.

We were finally completed at 3.00. My wife was to put it distressed and in real discomfort by this time. Trust me there will be trouble chasing these idiots.

Anyway were in and sat down trying to chill...

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Good luck & best wishes - hope you get the new place fettled & sorted without too much effort, then you can be off in the van:) x

Were off in two weeks ! Taking up carpets and decorating next week and into the following week then away somewhere for just a week. Cant wait !

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You beat me to it Charlie - I was going to post later to see if you were now "at home"!
So very, very pleased for you both. Lets hope the settling-in is a LOT less difficult than the GETTING in.
Don't do too much next week - I reckon the reaction to all of this will hit you soon. You're home for forever - there's no rush.
Have a brilliant week away and come home refreshed.
upload_2016-6-25_19-13-33.jpeg

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Once you're settled all the trials & tribulations (nightmares?) of the passed few months will fade into tales to be told over a drink (or three).

The past is now passed. Deep breath & enjoy your new home.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
That's made my Saturday evening a whole lot nicer.:)
As @CWH says take your time and chill out there ain't no rush.;)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Charlie stop take a chill pill, do not do anything next week just take some time out and prep the van. You can rip up the carpets and redecorate when you've had your breakaway.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Great to read this Charlie & hope the weather has settled by then & the two of you can just enjoy life without the constant worry.
X

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Couldn't be more pleased for you. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to shut your door on the world and say, "This is mine". You can do whatever you wish with it in your own time. Congratulations and well done in keeping your nerve despite everything.

Wyn

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
its been a long haul @Charlie, for us folk reading it anyway, pleased to read that you are in so hope all continues to go well for you and Mrs Charlie.

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Charlie so very pleased to hear it is all sorted out and you are actually in your new home, best wishes for the future and hope the road runs smoothly for you now :Smile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
When's the housewarming party? I'll get a new outfit! :Grin:

Wyn