Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Anesthetic seemed to last for 3 days with numb feeling and tingling , perhaps that was the force that the dentist had to pull but all normal now.
What does smoking has to do with the healing then? its only smoke and not anything solid?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Apparently its the sucking action can pull the clot out and cause dry socket which is very painful. My wisdom tooth was really small and shallow and there doesn't appear to be any clot there so I may be lucky on this one. My lower wisdom teeth do appear to be huge though and the dentist says I will need hospital treatment if I wanted them removed..... Think I might pass on that until it is absolutely essential:Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
do not say I did not warn you its an extraction

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgES73BbDQ[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Mine came out a lot easier than that. I think the extraction itself took about 5 seconds, certainly no more than 10. He levered at one side for a second or two and I could feel a tearing sensation (no pain) then he did the other side with very little tearing sensation. He walked away from the chair for a few seconds, when he came back I saw a pair of pliers going into my gob. These came out no more than two seconds later with the tooth....

I am sat here tonight, I took some precautionary ibuprofen at 12 this afternoon but nothing since. No pain at all now. In fact unless I put my tongue around the hole I can't tell any difference except for the lack of pain from the cavity....

From searches on the net it looks like there are two types of people...
The lucky ones who experience minimal pain and are eating the same the day or next. Then there are the unlucky ones who suffer all sorts of problems that can last months. There are some real horror stories.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have no problems and it just progressively heals from now on...:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back