wirral man crushed by motorhome ?? the jack had slipped while under it (1 Viewer)

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
just seen this on the news ? sad RIP TERENCE X:Sad:

THE family of a Wirral man who died after a camper van he was repairing fell and crushed him today paid tribute to their "lovely" brother.
Terence Henshaw, 45, from Woodchurch, had been restoring the VW camper van for his nephew and was working on it when the accident happened.
An inquest at Wallasey town hall was told Terence Henshaw died from his injuries after a jack gave way under the van on the gravel driveway of his sister's house on New Hey Road in Woodchurch last November.
His sister Margaret Dooley found her brother after returning from a shopping trip with her husband Samuel.
After the inquest, a tearful Mrs Dooley said Terence had been a "lovely brother" who had looked after their mum and dad.
She said Terence, of Big Meadow Road, had been working on his nephew Andrew's camper van for around 12 months, as well as building his own motorcycle.
The inquest heard that on November 1 he arrived at the house and started work . His nephew Andrew had said he would be down as soon as he was out of the shower. In the meantime, Mr and Mrs Dooley arrived home and saw him lying under the van, which was partly covered, with just his legs sticking out.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...jack-collapses-100252-30897765/#ixzz1ttqaL23V

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I saw that article and it is so sad,but it does act as a warning about working under vehicles especially in these time when a lot of people will be attempting diy repairs.
I am sorry for his family as he must have been readying the van for holidays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back