Wiring route from Hab to Cab battery? (1 Viewer)

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Hi all

I’m fitting a Victron Smartshunt and want to run a small wire from under the passenger seat to the driver seat - to connect the Smartshunt onto the +ve terminal of the Hab battery.

I thought that would be quite easy and have lifted the floor between the seats but still can’t see a route to put the cable as the Cab battery sits in a tray the full size of the seat footprint making running a cable so far impossible.

Has anyone any tips of where I can get to a +ve feed from the cab battery near the Hab battery / or a route from the Hab to cab battery without having to remove the seats or the batteries?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If you are on a ford base and its a chausson then that should be fairly straight fwd..
There is a wiring loom runs between the two seat plinths.. you may have to look a bit more towards the dash to pick it up.. and if its like mine you can pick up the main start battery feed in the passenger seat plinth anyway..fairly heavy duty two wire connector..
Andy

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think if you look in the locker behind the drivers seat there are 2 relay boxes one from each battery so you should be able to connect there neatly and easily. (Says someone who hasn't tried it!!!!). I thought about fitting a battery master there.
There on the wiring diagram as "boite relay" and about the size of a surface mounted 3 pin plug box. The positive from each battery goes direct there need to make sure you get the side of the relay that goes to the battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Hi andy63 - do you mean under the passenger cab seat near the Hab battery?

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Ah yes The Wino - that could do it; I never thought about connecting to those boxes!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi andy63 - do you mean under the passenger cab seat near the Hab battery?
I was on about in the passenger seat plinth ie the front passenger swivel seat.....but the wino is correct..if you can get to those relays easily then thats the easy option..
My relays are tucked down behind the drivers seat plinth and a bit awkward to get at..
Andy

OP
OP
ShaKen

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
An update: I opted for the easy option and connected into the Junction boxes as described above.

All working as expected so far!!

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Maybe not the same base vehicle but the wiring between the passenger side batteries and the drivers side were routed under the false floor between the seats on our van. When I updated the wiring I found the old wires wouldn’t pull out. The screws holding the floor in place had pierced the insulation of the wires in two places. It was only good luck they hadn’t gone through the cables. That was a vehicle fire waiting to happen !!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back