Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I would say that free is the most trouble free way of doing it for the site owners.

If its free and you have issues with it, you always have the defense that its a free service, on the other hand if people are paying for a service no matter what the cost, people will expect that service to work 24/7 at a reasonable speed.

If you think you are going to make a reasonable amount of money charging for it and all your costs and headaches that go with it will be covered then charge for it, i think most people would be happy to pay £1 per day or say £5 for a week for wifi as long as it works and at a reasonable speed.

However if you are just about going to cover costs by charging for the service it may be simpler to give it away and not have people hammering on your door complaining its taking 3 days to download the latest Batman movie!!

Free is good and may well attract some customers, however if you charge (no matter how much/little) you must be willing to provide the service and backup that paying customers demand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Thanks Dazzer, good feedback. The thought is to trial for a while to see what issues arrise from offering the wireless broadband, we haven't started yet though as BT have still got to sort their admin. Had a phone call at 0430 hours on Wednesday morning to put me in a good mood and tell me that the line was now active. Low and behold, it wasn't. Still waiting for them to pull their finger out.
When it is finally activated we can then offer a security code to all clients and ask for feedback. This should take a few weeks and give us enough information to be able to go firm on a policy and of course, how much maintainence is going to be required.
Anyone that does manage to get to Cornish Farm over the next few weeks are invited to use the system and feedback to us as to how they get on.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Price Information

Just For Information..

from another park with WiFi

see here for conditions of use

Link Removed

24 Hours £3.00
48 Hours £5.50
1 Week £17.00
2 Weeks £30.00
4 Weeks £50.00
24 Weeks £90.00
48 Weeks £180.00

Jim

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
WiFi Update

Well, the wireless appears to be working seamlessly now, after a couple of power issues that were kindly and professionally sorted by the wonderful lads at VanBitz.

We have extended our range to cover the entire site by using a 270 Mbps Wireless N Mimo router and elevating it in a box above building height to achieve line of sight.

The best news is that WiFi is going to remain FREE for at least the next month here at Cornish Farm as we run the system in and continue to improve it.

When you visit just ask the Wardens (Me or Sue) for the current security code and you can get connected as and when you like.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back