Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Howdee, we want to buy a reversing camera that doubles as a rear-view. Does anyone have any recommendations and whats the opinion on wired v's wireless?
Cheers x

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
wired is certainly best way to go, as some wireless will not work if you use a bluetooth handsfree kit for your phone. they also pick up other spurious cameras broadcasting within range

mind you, wired can be a real pain running from front to rear discreetly. Both need the camera and monitor to be hardwired into the van though, so its not much more work to install wired

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
wired without a doubt

wired system with out a doubt... signal loss on wireless systems is the issue. You still need power to the camera, so you might as well run a system through.

I have a pioneer system, and have had an over ride switch mounted on my dash (work done by VanBitz) .. so I can have my camera on all the time as a rear view camera.

One word of advise make sure the camera is a mirror of the view facing forward and not like some (mine included) which is reversed and that can be an issue sometimes.

Safeguard give a discount if you have one fitted or sensors.

Bob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back